Human Resources Generalist
Come work for a great company with a dynamic team that supports the most exciting and meaningful missions in the world!
Amentum has a unique opportunity for a Human Resources Generalist to provide support to a variety of contracts. The HR Generalist’s focus will include policy and regulation compliance, HRIS data accuracy, employee relations, HR support of government contract activity; onboarding/assimilation, policy interpretation, training, and general HR support. The HR Generalist position will primarily work remotely but must maintain regular contact with the HR supervisor and employee client base. Must be able to attend local in-person meetings with staff, HR and the client base as needed.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Acts as an initial employee/manager point of contact and performs routine tasks related to the administration, execution, and tracking of human resource activities including but not limited to benefits, compensation, leave, productivity, recognition, and morale.
- Provide administrative support to support all HR and Recruiting teams to include onboarding and offboarding of employees.
- Coordinate and facilitate new hire and benefit orientation programs.
- Supports compliance efforts, including the communication and dissemination of company policies, as well as federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Support program HR and HRIS activities to including tasks related to contract bid and new award set-up; validating HRIS data accuracy; org chart alignment; vacation/leave info; and other key information.
- Responds to employment-related questions from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff. Conducts appropriate follow-up and helps close out inquiries.
- Support program and company initiatives. Track status and prepares reports for analysis and distribution on such activities. Helps identify best practices and makes recommendations to improve the employee/manager experience including new hire assimilation, training, and performance management.
- Assists with preparing documentation and reports.
- May be assigned special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Required Qualiﬁcations, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal conﬂict resolution skills. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to analyze and problem-solve when faced with new questions or initiatives.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and direct to appropriate department when appropriate.
- Must act with integrity, professionalism, and conﬁdentiality with all levels of employees.
- Working knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations, and ability to research for updates and changes.
- Candidate must possess excellent communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Candidate must have demonstrated ability to manage multiple and complex administrative processes; solid judgment and the ability to analyze and problem-solve is required.
- Proﬁcient with Microsoft Ofﬁce Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proﬁciency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems. Experience with Workday and Costpoint preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years related experience working with human resources principles, practices, and procedures preferred.
- Associates degree required; Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or related ﬁeld or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in independently assessing and resolving a variety of employee relations issues from identiﬁcation to resolution.
- Knowledge of HR Laws and disciplines including recruiting, talent management, compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, training and development, diversity, performance management, and federal and state employment laws.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical dis‐ ability so long as the essential functions of the job can be per‐ formed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.