Amentum has an opportunity for an Industrial Specialist to join our team in Springfield, VA location. This position will perform a range of basic industrial hygiene assignments acting as a lead on more complex assignments and provide routine advice and assistance to customers.
- Plan and perform industrial hygiene activities and provide advice to management on industrial hygiene program-related issues.
- Implement programs to recognize, evaluate, and control actual or potential occupational health hazards in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Develop monitoring programs to minimize employee exposure to contaminants and toxic agents.
- Prepare reports and make recommendations for control and correction of hazards.
- Provide industrial hygiene training support.
- Investigate, evaluate, and monitor the adequacy of ventilation systems, lighting, and other factors that may affect an employee's health, comfort, or efficiency and coordinate implementation of corrective measures.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelors degree in Industrial Hygiene and 5 years of position-related experience. Masters degree or certification by the American Board of Industrial Hygiene may be substituted for 2 years of experience.
- Good written communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications; organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required.
- Position may require travel.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI security clearance
- Active TS security clearance