Amentum is actively seeking Platform Instructor in Fredericksburg, VA to provide full spectrum personnel recovery (PR) subject matter expertise (including preparation, planning, execution, and adaptation) through platform instruction, role play, and other adult learning methodologies to a variety of PR professionals within DoD, USG organizations, and coalition partners. Act as an observer and trainer to combatant command training exercises as part of the Chairman’s exercise program.
- Conduct joint PR education and training courses through in-resident, mobile training team and virtual platforms using synchronous and asynchronous modes and methods.
- Support Chairman of the Joint Chiefs and Combatant Command level exercises to include exercise control group and observer trainer duties.
- Achieves and maintains qualifications and skills in accordance with applicable operating instructions.
- Act as a subject matter expert, supporting the development of training programs including outlines, text, handouts, lesson plans, training aids, practical exercises, and tests; assists in the developing of advanced training concepts and supporting plans.
- Provide research, analysis, and advice to DoD, USG, and coalition customers relevant to PR products, tasks, publications, regulations, and other documents.
Strong background in one or more facets of PR including CSAR, NAR, C2, or intelligence support
- Must have a Secret US Government Clearance to be able to obtain and maintain a Top-Secret US Government Clearance. Note: US Citizenship is required to obtain a Secret US Government Clearance.
- Previous platform instructor experience including attendance in civilian or military academic instructor courses
- Strong background in one or more facets of PR including CSAR, NAR, C2, or intelligence support to PR.
- Previous staff experience (or working knowledge) in joint operations, joint functions/concepts, and joint planning processes.
- Bachelor's degree in a related subject or comparable work experience.
- Background knowledge of DoD and related interagency policies, regulations, doctrine, and other PR related documents.
- Background knowledge of unconventional warfare and non-conventional assisted recovery plans and operations.
- Working knowledge of the principles of adult education.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Strong computer skills in Micro Soft Office suite of programs. Essential
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.