Crime Gun Intelligence Coordinator Level I
Amentum is seeking a Crime Gun Intelligence Specialist Level I Technician to support active contracts in Albuquerque, NM.
The CGIS Level I position is primarily to support services related to data entry in various formats and databases. This position requires the ability to apply experience and judgment in selecting procedures to be followed in searching, interpreting, selecting, or coding items to be entered from a variety of document sources. Candidate must possess the skill and ability to analyze, summarize, report, and share information.
Security Clearance Required: DoJ/ATF Public Trust Clearance
Workweek: Monday through Friday
Hours: 8am – 4pm
Flexible Hours: No
- Conduct National Integrated Ballistic Information Network (NIBIN) data entries and perform image and correlation reviews upon successful completion of training from ATF or another authorized trainer.
- Enter crime gun traces into e-Trace database.
- Enter data into spreadsheets.
- Enter data and update charts and reports.
- Enter evidence into the Integrated Ballistic Information Systems (IBIS)
- Perform ballistic image and correlation reviews.
- Produce basic analytical products.
- Summarize information in writing.
- Establish rapport with others to accomplish objectives.
Position Minimum Requirements/Qualifications:
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License
- B.S. Degree from accredited college or university preferred. Combination of formal education, work experience and on-the-job training will be considered.
- General experience with local, State, or Federal law enforcement is preferred, but not required.
- Must be able to successfully complete the ATF clearance process.
- Must be willing to provide a DNA sample as part of employment screening.
- Ability to work with and coordinate the efforts of local, State, and Federal law enforcement.
- Ability to analyze, summarize, report, and share information.
- Working knowledge of Windows-based computer applications and software
- Must successfully pass the competency testing for acquisitions and correlations review after being trained to perform image and correlation reviews on National Integrated Ballistic Information Network (NIBIN) equipment.
- Occasional CONUS travel
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.