Senior Inventory Specialist
Amentum is seeking a Senior Inventory Specialist in Lorton, VA.
You are organized, detail-oriented, and enjoy maintaining records of materials in inventory and on order. With your excellent communication and customer service support skills, you’ll maintain continued accountability and inventory requirements for corporate assets for assigned department or program. You enjoy motivating and leading other team members in a fast-paced, busy environment.
- Ensures accuracy of input data to the inventory system.
- Performs research and analysis to assist with resolution of inventory problems.
- Provides inventory detail to other departments as needed.
- Compiles records of amount, type, and value of material or stock on hand.
- Ensures that items are received, issued, and delivered (or shipped) to the requesters promptly upon receipt.
- Performs analysis of current inventory and/or usage, shipping, and sorting as needed by other departments.
- Reconciles discrepancies in inventories.
- May serve as a resource to lower levels.
Here at Amentum, we believe in fostering a sense of belonging. We welcome diversity, encourage growth and development, promote safety first, and believe curiosity is the spark for innovation. We take care of our employees who in turn take care of our customers, driving the success of our business.
- High school diploma/GED
- At least 5 years of related inventory experience
- Must be able and willing to perform physically demanding tasks, such as lifting materials weighing up to 40 lbs., as well as work in a warehouse environment in adverse temperatures
- Due to the nature of the work, must be a U.S. citizen
- Must have an active Secret security clearance
- CDL License for 26ft Box Truck
- Forklift operator experience
- Additional experience/education
- Working knowledge of inventory control principles and warehouse processes
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work independently