Sample Inventory, Control, and Management Specialist
Amentum is currently seeking Sample Inventory, Control, and Management Specialist in Quantico, VA, and Huntsville, AL.
A successful candidate will provide evidence inventory services to properly inventory and maintain the chain-of-custody of all evidence and forensic materials entering the facility. Note: Evidence includes database samples
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Receive, accession and prepare DNA database samples and/or boxes of forensic evidence or related materials
- Open and inventory contents of boxes.
- Create laboratory worksheet from templates as necessary; enter data (laboratory number, case ID number, Questioned / Known numbers, and descriptions.
- Create master and unit chain-of-custody forms.
- Enter data into the Sample Tracking and Control Software (STACS) system and / or FA, create examination plan, and generate barcode labels.
- Stage boxes and documentation for processing by unit specific teams.
- Prepare boxes for proper storage
- Load and unload boxes of evidence and forensic materials, including examination supplies and chemicals.
- Maintain data/inventory of boxes of evidence and forensic materials received, in process, and returned to contributor.
- Perform general shipping / receiving duties.
- Use the current STACS and / or FA software for evidence inventory, tracking, and flow.
- Maintain proper chain-of-custody of all forensic material under examination.
- Support activities, functions, or duties, as they arise.
- Communication with contributors as necessary.
- Prepare administrative files on the evidence or samples
- Interact and collaborate with other group/team members and other forensic staff to ensure a high quality and accurate product.
- B.S. degree in science disciplines, criminal justice, or related field from accredited university/college with course work in forensics.
- Six (6) months of evidence inventory, control and management experience or other forensic laboratory experience.
- Computer data entry
- Familiarization with QA / QC
- Experience with a LIMS.
- Must successfully complete and pass the FBI Laboratory/Unit specific training requirements within six months of hire and must successfully complete an FBI competency test within the time period set forth by the FBI Laboratory/Unit. At a minimum, the competency test will include:
- Examination of sufficient unknown samples to cover the anticipated spectrum of job duties and evaluation of his/her ability to perform suitable testing methods
- A written or oral examination to assess his/her knowledge of the discipline, category of testing, or task being performed.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills
- The above experience should demonstrate the capability to deliver products under conditions of high operational tempo, frequently adjusting priorities and flux in requirements, on time. It should also demonstrate the ability to interface effectively with senior members of external organizations to develop and support technical positions, to justify technical recommendations, and communicate effectively in both oral and written formats.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoJ Secret security clearance.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.