Shipping Clerk/Inventory Specialist
Amentum is seeking a Shipping Clerk/Inventory Specialist to join our team on Andros Island, Bahamas to support the Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC) mission. The Shipping Clerk/Inventory Specialist will assist the warehouse office to provide periodic physical inventory counts for all government funded inventory.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Use MAXIMO to process delivery receipts, and search delivery status
- Receive, sort, screen, review and distribute incoming and outgoing general cargo
- Provide cargo and baggage support for aircraft
- Load and unload trucks and transport cargo between Andros Freight Services and other locations on AUTEC base.
- Act as U.S. Mail courier transferring U.S. Mail.
- Performs periodic physical inventory counts for all government funded MAXIMO Warehouses in line with CDRL A00G
- Schedules with Warehouse owners to ensure availability of warehouse for inventory periods.
- Coordinates with Supply Manager to report inventory results
- Coordinates with Freight and Supply managers to develop monthly schedule.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be a citizen of the Bahamas.
- 5 years of job-related experience
- Must have reading and comprehension, computer, writing, organizational, and customer service skills.
- Must have driving skills and valid driver’s license.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 50 pounds
- Knowledge of air support equipment and heavy equipment for loading, offloading and delivery (air and sea) for weight and balance and stow plan creation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including holidays and weekends according to aircraft and barge changing schedule, and test related requirements.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A valid Driver’s License required.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.