Position Title: Laborer Job Code: U52339
Company Conformance Statement
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, and suppliers.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
Employees are required to:
- Comply with all applicable safety- and health-related rules, regulations, and procedures;
- Work safely themselves and help their teammates work safely;
- Assist supervisors and managers in identifying and mitigating potentially hazardous conditions; and
- Help the organization maintain a safe and healthy workplace.
Purpose of the position
Will perform assigned laborer duties as a PAE employee onsite at the NASA Johnson Space Center.
Principal Responsibilities of the Position
- Use hand tools for Excavations
- Work with laying concrete and blockwork
- Provide help for other crafts
- Clean work areas of debris
- Use sump pumps and generators
Education and Experience Requirements
- Should have Maintenance experience
- Must have a High School Diploma or a G.E.D.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen in order to obtain required NASA badge.
- Must be able to provide a certified Birth Certificate (with state seal), Passport, or INS Citizenship documents on date of hire (candidate will be sent home if this paperwork is not provided upon arrival on date of hire).
- Must have the ability to communicate the English language, both verbally and written, in an effective manner.
- Must have, and maintain, a valid Texas driver’s license.
Special Knowledge and Skills Required
- This position is located onsite at NASA JSC and requires US Citizenship.
- Be able to read and understand instructions both verbal and written.
- Must be willing and able to pass a full respirator physical and to wear a respirator.
- Must be able to pass all exams for Safety training.
- Must be able and willing to work at elevations.
- Operate sump pumps, jack hammers, compactors and pneumatic air tools.
- Must support all crafts in a professional manner.
- Must be able to ensure quality and completeness of work.
- Must be able to use hand tools, (shovels, rakes, hoes, etc.)
- Must have a working knowledge of concrete mixing and finishing.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Dexterity to operate office and field equipment as required by the position.
- In good physical shape/condition for climbing in and out of tight restricted working areas, as applicable.
- Prior knowledge of NASA site, experienced with working on government installations preferred.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.