Law Clerk II
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Law Clerk II
- Performs complex legal research for the trial staff.
- Act independently and/or as a team leader on larger projects.
- Responsibilities may include acting as primary interface with trial attorneys, experts, and other client staff.
- Perform an in-depth second-level review of all documents and identifies documents that require further review by a federal attorney.
- Perform detailed indexing of case files; drafting procedures for accomplishing litigation support assignments; document acquisition related tasks; and screening for privilege documents.
- Proofread and edit written documents.
- Review audio files.
- Receive and track discovery items.
- Utilize electronic and evidence management and discovery production processes and tools, such as Relativity, Casemap and Sanction, to support investigations.
- Search the Relativity database per criteria developed by case team management.
- Review search result sets for relevance based on written criteria.
- Code relevant documents per existing protocol.
- Perform legal research using tools such as LEXIS and Westlaw.
- Reviewing and analyzing documents obtained during the investigation and explaining/ summarizing them to MLARS lawyers
- Prepare various legal documents, reports, correspondence and assist with technical research documents.
- Brief attorneys regarding legal issues and theories and draft statement of facts.
- Prepare summaries and analyses of information reviewed.
- Brief attorneys regarding substance of documents reviewed.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
- Must have law degree.
- Must have at least two to three years of progressively more responsible experience on litigation support projects including proven capabilities and communication skills to successfully interact with clients and attorneys.
- Requires sound working knowledge of federal and state court systems, legal research procedures, and legal research resources.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills and thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS and Westlaw.
- Must have hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, and imaging.
- Role also requires hands-on familiarity with ESI tools (Relativity) and knowledge of eDiscovery procedures and resources.
- Mandarin language skill.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.