Law Clerk I
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Law Clerk I
- Works under the direction of Team Lead.
- Performs complex legal research for the trial staff.
- Performs first-level review of documents and identifies any of legal significance.
- Performs detailed indexing of case files; drafting procedures for accomplishing litigation support assignments; document acquisition related tasks; and screening for privilege documents.
- Proofreads and edits written documents.
- Reviews audio files.
- Receives and track discovery items.
- Utilizes electronic and evidence management and discovery production processes and tools, such as Relativity, Casemap and Sanction, to support investigations.
- Search the Relativity database per criteria developed by case team management.
- Reviews search result sets for relevance based on written criteria.
- Codes relevant documents per existing protocol.
- Conducts legal research and analysis.
- Prepares various legal documents, reports, correspondence and assist with technical research documents.
- Briefs attorneys regarding legal issues and theories and draft statement of facts.
- Prepares summaries and analyses of information reviewed.
- Briefs attorneys regarding substance of documents reviewed.
- Mandarin/Chinese language skills a plus.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
- Law degree, or currently attending an ABA-accredited law school, having completed at least one year of study.
- Requires sound working knowledge of federal and state court systems, legal research procedures, and legal research resources.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills and thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS and Westlaw.
- Must have hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, and imaging.
- Role also requires hands-on familiarity with ESI tools (Relativity) and knowledge of eDiscovery procedures and resources.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a team environment.
- Must have excellent writing skills and oral communication capabilities.
- Requires hands-on familiarity with the Government's office and network environment, including but not limited to, data processing environments, including office automation networks, PC-based databases and other applications, internet and server-based databases and other applications, such as Oracle, Relativity or other document review platform, Trial Director, etc.
- Mandarin language skill.
- Should be a knowledgeable user of the Government's office and network environment, including but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheet, imaging, and hardware systems.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.