Law Clerk I
- Ideal candidate will work to provide legal support for the ENRD Water cases on a daily basis.
- Works under the direction of Project Manager as well as under the direction of a Supervisory Paralegal or a Project Supervisor performing complex legal research; preparing draft legal documents, such as motions, briefs, memoranda of law, etc.; reviewing documents for relevance and privilege; and assisting attorneys with all phases of litigation.
- Performs complex legal research for the trial staff.
- Acts independently and/or as a team leader on larger projects.
- Responsibilities may include acting as primary interface with trial attorneys, experts, and other client staff.
- Assists in preparing draft legal documents, such as motions, briefs, memoranda of law, etc. reviewing documents for relevance and privilege; and assisting attorneys with all phases of litigation.
- Law degree, or currently attending an ABA-accredited law school, having completed at least one year of study or, an equivalent level of legal training or experience or an equivalent level of education may be substituted. Only the Contracting Officer can approve a waiver related to the education requirements.
- Requires sound working knowledge of federal and state court systems, legal research procedures, and legal research resources.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills and thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS and Westlaw.
- Must have hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, and imaging.
- Role also requires hands-on familiarity with ESI tools and knowledge of eDiscovery procedures and resources.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain MRPT facility credentials/authorization. Note: US Citizenship is required for MRPT facility credentials/authorization at this work location.
This position supports a SCA (Service Contract Act) contract; therefore, the hourly wage is determined by the Department of Labor. This position is classified as a Paralegal/Legal Assistant III and the hourly wage is $31.20/hr +, and is eligible for Health and Welfare
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.