General Maintenance Worker - Locksmith
The General Maintenance Worker – Locksmith maintains, services, and repairs buildings, installed equipment, and locks using mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and carpentry skills
- Maintains, services, and conducts minor repairs on buildings, installed equipment, water and wastewater piping and tanks, fuel tanks and piping.
- Installs, repairs, rebuilds, and services GSA safes mechanical or electrical locking devices; repairs, maintains and changes door locks
- Provides new or duplicate keys, open safe locks without keys, open safe locks by drilling, and keep records of locks and keys issued
- Assists HVAC Mechanics maintain air conditioning and environmental control units. Inspects equipment such as refrigerators and air conditioners for proper cleaning, speed, temperature and adequate lubrication
- Ensures proper repair and finishing of doors, walls and building structural components
- Assists other maintenance specialists and other workers with their tasks. Complies with established safety guidelines and procedures.
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse condition.
- Living and working conditions at the assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Three years’ experience performing general maintenance and locksmith duties.
- Shall be Registered Locksmith
- Skilled in structural, plumbing, carpentry, electrical, and mechanical work
- Working knowledge of HVAC required.
- Ability to move heavy objects from one location to another.
- Must be a US Citizen