Amentum is seeking a Logistics Specialist to join our team in Odon, IN.
The Logistics Specialist will order, receive, inspect, inventory, store, maintain and issue supplies and equipment to support daily operations. Determines condition of material and supplies and arranges disposal when a surplus occurs, or materials become obsolete. They will also provide a variety of other logistics tasks such as configuration management, and data management in support of components, equipment, and/or systems.
- Orders, receives, inspects, inventory, stores, maintains and issues supplies and equipment to support daily Operations.
- Maintains supply accountability records.
- Determines condition of material and supplies and arranges disposal when a surplus occurs or materials become obsolete.
- Performs document register reconciliations as required. Assists in ensuring contract provisions are met.
- Researches and resolves inventory and/or system problems.
- Perform inventory management, cataloging, warehouse management, material coordination, data entry, and property control in support of various supply activities and/or equipment installations.
- Apply knowledge of procedures and systems to a broad range of basic issues. May require knowledge of specialized processes or technical skills.
- Coordinate daily with supply chain management groups to verify requisition entry and accuracy, track and review status to recommend procurement options, and monitor shipments of material until receipt
- Monitor request orders through entire acquisition process and provide cataloging support for all task orders, interfacing daily with military material managers and supporting personnel
- Review drawings. Research databases to determine technical documentation requirements, reliability, maintainability, and availability; life cycle impacts; source issues; and configuration impacts. Review and analyze inventory management and performance metrics on contractor and government Supply Support Activity (SSA) to identify issues, root causes, and recommend solutions
- Develop, execute, maintain reviews and comments on logistics support plans, policies, procedures and similar data. Recommended improvements to enhance the process.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Interested, but not local? Ask us about relocation opportunities and discussing your options. Visit: https://www.craneindianajobs.com/ to learn more about our exciting work supporting the Crane Naval Base!
- Vocational/technical training beyond high school
- At least 5 years of job-related experience or equivalent in material management and/or in military, government, Department of Defense (DOD), or commercial supply.
- Advanced knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office software, databases, spreadsheets, and data entry.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment. Knowledge of logistics and supply principles, supply chain management.
- Good communication skills; requires operating application software including word-processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Position requires the ability to pass and maintain Security Clearance.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent