Logistics Specialist II
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Logistics Specialist II
Amentum is currently seeking a qualified candidate to serve as a Logistics Specialist II to support of the Strategic Systems Hardware Division at NSWC Crane. The selected candidate will perform a variety of logistics tasks related to receiving, storing, issuing, ordering, and delivery of government and company owned property.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support logistics and sustainability analysis, including reliability and cost-effectiveness analysis of emerging technologies and design concepts, materials, etc.
• Provision of prototype fabrication and testing support.
• Inventories and tracks all project level Government Furnished Property (GFP) and Contractor Acquired Property (CAP).
• Analyze areas of logistics for continuous improvement and to determine the most cost-effective means or methods of operations.
• Performs continuing analysis on mission essential systems and equipment and prepares documentation for release.
• Prepares equipment and material specifications and evaluates vendor data, quotations, and work progress when applicable.
• Ability to communicate professionally with demonstrated experience communicating with management levels such as Acquisition Program Managers (APM), Principal/Assistant Program Manager (PAPM), and Program Acquisition Resource Manager (PARM).
• Attend meetings, as required, and participating in Working Groups to provide data, input or recommendations on issues or concerns with the process and provide input for process improvements.
• Initiates engineering support requests and provides technical operations guidance through the design process.
• Coordinates and establishes realistic stock level to ensure cost effectiveness of parts and supplies required to sustain maintenance responsibilities.
• Maintain all inventory data and report files.
• Initiate and process inventory records in accordance with established procedures.
• Prepare various status reports to maintain inventory accuracy rate, number of line items adjusted, and net variance history and report information.
• Compare quantities and identification of items received with applicable documentation and adjust discrepancies according to established procedures.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s degree desired
• 5-12 years of experience in the field or related area
• Position will require the ability to pass and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
• Experienced and detail oriented in Inventory Data Base management and tracking to include receipts, issues, and inventory management utilizing DoD systems.
• Active Secret Clearance
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.