DCM: Supply Chain and Logistics Military Management Trainee - Warehouse (Penske Logistics)
Ready to move your career forward after the military? As a Penske Logistics (“PL”) Management Trainee you will use your valuable military experience to contribute to the overall success of the business. Looking for cool projects? You’ll discover opportunities to proactively improve customer’s processes, while being exposed to financial reporting and key performance indicators (KPI’s). Like developing teams? Put your leadership skills to work while learning how to lead a team of high-energy, driven associates in our fast-paced environment.
Penske will introduce you to our business with industry leading technology and winning company culture through ongoing training and mentoring to help cultivate the skills and expertise you need to succeed in our business. Things move fast at Penske. You will too. You’ll be on a fast track to furthering your leadership career, with advancement opportunities upon graduation from the program.
Are you eligible?
• You are transitioning from the military, or recently transitioned from the military in last 1-3 years.
• You’re able to effectively apply your military leadership experience in our fast-paced, people-focused business.
• You’re legally authorized to work in the U.S.A.
• Unfortunately, we are currently unable to sponsor individuals for employment visas for these positions.
• Each program will last for approximately 9-12 months depending on individual.
• You’re able to live in Los Indios, Tx
Pay: $25.00 per hour with average annual of $55,000 (including OT)
This position is best suited for candidates who want to gain valuable experience to launch their career with Penske. It is ideal for junior to mid-level non-commissioned officers, and junior officers. Our dedicated training program will prepare you to ensure the execution of tasks and activities including selection, loading/unloading of trailers, cross-docking, and customer service operations in a manner consistent with company services and cost objectives. Hands-on experience will help you learn to properly plan work assignments to ensure effective use of warehouse equipment. You will also have support from our Veteran Business Resource Group, including mentorship and resources. Upon graduation from the program, you’ll be prepared to lead a small group of hourly associates in a distribution center management operation.
• Ensure that all associates are motivated, engaged, trained and competent and understand how their work relates to the customers' business objectives.
• Foster a safe work environment by complying with and administering established safety and operational procedures.
• Understand the location-specific customer goals & objectives and work to meet and exceed these expectations daily
• Effectively resolve issues and monitor day-to-day operations for compliance using organizational and time management skills.
• Develop a through working knowledge of the site’s operating systems to ensure compliance and exception resolution.
• Learn the Kaizen methodology and implement Lean processes.
• Analyze and apply basic principles of inventory management, receiving goods, storage of goods and shipping goods from a warehouse environment.
• Honorable discharge from the military in the last 1-3 years
• Bachelor’s Degree or Verifiable completion of a 3-year post-secondary diploma/degree preferred.
• Internship or related work experience in a customer-facing role preferred.
• Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to learn and navigate various technology platforms.
• Committed to learning and growing; receptive to feedback and developing self-awareness.
• High level of commitment to operation and job responsibilities.
• Results oriented, attention to detail and effective time management and organizational skills.
• Builds and develops positive working relationships within department at all levels.
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required.
• The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle and feel, and to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs./12 kg.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
If you’re looking for a company ready to both encourage and challenge you professionally, Penske may be the place for you. Contact us for more information, we’d love to talk to you about this opportunity!
• Website: www.GoPenske.com/careers
• Phone: 1-[Register to View]
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates are required to complete a Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening.
Job Category: Logistics/Supply Chain
Job Family: Common
Address: 601 Joaquin Cavazos Rd
Primary Location: US-TX-Los Indios
Employer: Penske Logistics LLC
Req ID: 2400373