Amentum is looking for an experienced Maintenance Mechanic-Electrician to join our team in Fort Washington, MD. Candidate will perform a variety of electrical trade functions such as the installation, maintenance, or repair of equipment for the generation, distribution, or utilization of electric energy.
Must be a U.S. Citizen and possess a Department of Defense Top Secret Security Clearance.
- Although specific duties vary by assignment or contract, typical duties include the following:
- Install or repair any of a variety of electrical equipment such as generators, transformers, switchboards, controllers, circuit breakers, motors, heating units, conduit systems, or other transmission equipment.
- Must be able to work from blueprints, drawings, layouts, or other specifications, locating and diagnosing trouble in the electrical system or equipment, working standard computations relating to load requirements of wiring or electrical equipment and using a variety of electrician's hand tools and measuring and testing instruments.
- Identify and repair circuit faults on electrical distribution systems and equipment.
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance inspections on all electrical systems and equipment.
- Install new electrical equipment and systems.
- Repair or replace existing electrical equipment and systems.
- Complete maintenance and repair records.
- Identify proper materials, listed and suitable, for use on specific installations.
- Observe and follow all safety rules and procedures including wearing required personal safety equipment.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Maintain and repair electrical tools and equipment.
- Maintain electrical license and current electrical education.
- When required, must be capable of using Respiratory Protective Equipment (RPE).
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned.
- Requires rounded training and experience acquired through a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training.
- Capable of maintaining/repairing electrical distribution systems.
- Able to troubleshoot and identify circuit faults across broad range of electrical applications.
- Capable of the safe operation and application of instruments provided for circuit analysis and testing, including power analyzers, ground rod resistance meters, ground fault loop impedance tester, residual current device testers, and similar test equipment standard in the trade.
- Capable of reading blueprints, schematics, instructions, safety manuals, and other technical documentation.
- Able to complete maintenance and work records.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
- Will be required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- High school diploma or equivalent
- State-issued license (journeyman as a minimum) is required
- Three (3) or more years of experience as an electrician is required.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must possess a Department of Defense Top Secret Security Clearance
- Possess a valid US Driver's License
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for extended periods.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- May be required to lift heavy objects whose weight may exceed 50 pounds.
- Previous facilities maintenance experience is preferred.
- Knowledgeable in applicable codes such as the National Electrical Code.