FACILITY MAINTENANCE TECHNICIA
Amentum is seeking a General Maintenance Technician to join our operations & maintenance team in Moline, IL
This is a 1st shift position; Hours may vary based on business demand.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: inspections, lubrication, cleaning, filter changes, and associated technical maintenance tasks. In addition, general maintenance tasks related to repairing block floors, painting walls, repairing windows, doors and office furniture, grounds keeping, etc. will be required.
- Assists the team with a variety of industrial facility system repairs and preventive maintenance.
- Assists co-workers in diagnosing malfunctions in production machinery and equipment.
- Assists the team with maintaining, operating and troubleshooting systems and equipment such as overhead door systems, cranes, pumps, piping, seals and valves.
- Performs general maintenance such as trench cleaning and sign hanging.
- Troubleshoots and repairs basic electrical, plumbing, and general maintenance issues.
- Performs preventive maintenance as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Operates a variety of equipment, Forklifts, JLG’s, drill presses, bandsaws, and hand tools.
- Demonstrates flexibility in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Basic electrical and mechanical skills. Read and understand prints and drawings. Understand and use measuring devices measuring devices such as Tape Measure, Micrometer, dial gauges and leveling tools
- Must demonstrate the ability to safely utilize a wide variety of hand and power tools.
- Ability to work from an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- Must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- This position may require various shifts, weekends, holidays and alternative work schedules. Must be willing to work overtime when required.
- Requires the ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Requires the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during shift.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat repetitive during shift.
- Requires the ability to regularly kneel repetitive for shift.
- Requires the ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
- Requires the use of a Company/Client approved utility knife.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Associate’s degree or trade school certification in Industrial Electrical, Industrial Mechanical, Industrial Technology, HVAC or a related field.
- Knowledge of basic electrical theory, sufficient to perform basic electrical repairs to switches and outlets and to replace lighting ballasts.
- Mechanical skills, sufficient to assist with and perform preventive maintenance and repairs to facility related equipment.
- Knowledge of basic refrigeration theory.
- Knowledge of EPA guidelines.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience safely utilizing a wide variety of hand and power tools.
- Basic computer skills for data entry, email, etc.