Industrial Maintenance Mechanic V
Amentum is seeking a highly advanced Industrial Maintenance Mechanic V - HVAC to join our manufacturing maintenance team.
This position is responsible for performing at the subject matter expert level in mechanical troubleshooting and providing preventive and corrective maintenance on the facility and facility related equipment and systems in a manufacturing environment.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot industrial facility equipment and systems such as pumps, gearboxes, conveyors, cranes, hoists, fans, doors, docks, and other equipment as required.
- Provides instruction, mentors and trains less skilled technicians as needed.
- Effectively communicates with the site management team and the customer to understand requirements, solve complex problems, and provide solutions to manufacturing problems.
- Demonstrates ability to identify and correct any safety-related issues and perform independent equipment evaluations to identify potential equipment failures.
- Performs General Maintenance of equipment as required.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs pneumatic and/or hydraulic systems; overhead cranes; pumps; hoists; ventilation systems.
- Conduct preventive maintenance inspections and perform required preventative maintenance actions such as
lubrication, cleaning, filter changes, alignments, etc.
- Troubleshoots and repairs heat exchange equipment.
- Performs plumbing and hydraulic hose repairs.
- Troubleshoots and repairs basic electrical issues.
- Utilizes strong mechanical and electrical skills in order to complete assignments.
- Creates and modifies site operations procedures for equipment and recommends facilities reliability improvements.
- Performs preventive maintenance on facility equipment as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations and industry standards.
- Recommends activities to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Understands company policies and enforces safety regulations. Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Operates various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide energy efficiency solutions.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Maintains a strict schedule in order to be successful in the assignment yet demonstrates flexibility in the day-to- day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer.
- Exhibits strong leadership skills, such as motivation, delegation, ownership, leading by example, well-developed organizational skills, excellent communication skills, etc.
- Promotes and adheres to the Amentum Safety Structure.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Six years of experience performing mechanical maintenance in an industrial environment, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have the ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.
- May require additional licensing per state regulations
Requires the ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
Requires the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during shift.
Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat repetitive during shift.
Requires the ability to regularly kneel repetitive for shift.
Requires the ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis for shift.
Requires the ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis for shift.
Requires the ability to walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
Requires the use of a Company/Client approved utility knife.
Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Associates degree or technical certification in Industrial Technology, Industrial Mechanical, or related technical program.
- Experience diagnosing, troubleshooting and repairing industrial production systems such as conveyors and coolant systems to OEM specifications.
- Experience with alignments and timing machines using Precision calibration tools.
- Experience diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing pumps, motors, gearboxes, supply and exhaust fans, power transmission components, hydraulic and pneumatic systems,
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing cranes and hoists.
- Experience utilizing measurement tools such as micrometers, dial indicators, various type gauges, and calibers to set tolerances to OEM Specifications.
- Experience performing pipefitting, welding, fabrication, and millwright related work.
- Experience welding using MIG, TIG, and arc welders.