Maintenance Shift Lead
Amentum is seeking a night shift Production Maintenance Lead to join our team of multi-skilled technicians in an Electrical Apparatus manufacturing facility in Waukesha, WI.
- The schedule is AWS, 6:00 p.m. - 6:00 a.m., hours may vary based on business demands.
Production Maintenance Mechanics are responsible for providing an advanced level of expertise to the team in responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing preventive and corrective maintenance on the production equipment and systems in an industrial manufacturing environment. Perform all aspects of preventive and corrective mechanical maintenance on all production related industrial systems including, but not limited to: CNC machinery, robotics, pneumatics, hydraulics, conveyors, and coolant systems. Provides instruction, mentors and trains less skilled technicians as needed. Effectively communicates with the site management team and the customer to understand requirements, solve complex electrical and mechanical problems, and provide solutions to manufacturing problems. The Production Maintenance Mechanic identifies and corrects any safety-related issues and performs independent equipment evaluations to identify potential equipment failures. General Maintenance of equipment will also be required.
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots automated Fanuc robotics systems, CNC machinery, Hydraulic Presses, pneumatic and/or hydraulic systems, and conveyor systems.
- Conducts preventive maintenance inspections and perform required preventative maintenance actions such as lubrication, cleaning, filter changes, alignments, etc.
- Provides direction to the technicians.
- Carries the shift phone and directs the workflow.
- Provides shift report to the incoming shift and leadership.
- Troubleshoots and repairs heat exchange equipment.
- Utilizes meggers, voltmeters, multi-meters, etc.
- Performs plumbing and hydraulic hose repairs.
- Troubleshoots and repairs basic electrical issues.
- Safely operates fork-lifts, hoists, and cranes.
- Utilizes safe rigging and lifting techniques.
- Performs preventive maintenance on process/production equipment as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations, and industry standards.
- Recommends measures to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Understands company policies and enforces safety regulations.
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tag out procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Operates various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide energy efficiency solutions.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Maintains a strict schedule to be successful in the assignment yet demonstrates flexibility in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
- Fills in for the shift supervisor as required.
- May be required to man the shift duty service phone and field customer equipment issue calls as required.
- High School diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Five years of experience performing mechanical maintenance on industrial manufacturing process / production equipment or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- Previous team lead experience
- Valid Driver's License
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- This position may require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.
- Requires the ability to regularly lift to 50 lbs.
- Requires the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during shift.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat repetitive during shift.
- Requires the ability to regularly kneel repetitive for shift.
- Requires the ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
- Requires the use of a Company/Client approved utility knife.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Associate degree or trade school certification in Industrial Mechanical, Industrial Technology, or a related program.
- Experience maintaining a Fanuc robotics automated production line, including specialized hydraulic presses, and driven conveyor systems.
- Experience troubleshooting CNC machine tools, included but not limited to: Mazak, Heller, Masco, IMPCO, Rosama and Toyoda.
- Experience trouble shooting robotic systems, such as Fanuc, ABB, etc.
- Experience with alignments and timing machines using precision calibration tools.
- Experience diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing pumps, motors, gearboxes, supply and exhaust fans, power transmission components, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Experience using measurement tools such as micrometers, dial indicators, various type gauges, and calibers to set tolerances to OEM Specifications.
- Experience performing pipefitting, welding, fabrication, and millwright related work.
- Experience utilizing a CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System).