Industrial Maintenance Mechanic V - Plumber
Amentum is seeking an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic V - Plumber to join our Operations & Maintenance Team.
This position is responsible for providing an intermediate level of expertise in responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing repairs to fixtures and systems in a manufacturing environment.
Working under minimal supervision as a member of a self-directed work team, this is a multi-craft position that may perform machine repairs and general non-licensed maintenance work, as well as support other licensed trades as directed. Requires good working knowledge of all types and applications of equipment pertaining to maintenance and operations for assigned area, and the ability to work within machine tolerances. General maintenance, including minor duties in carpentry, painting, and sheet metal, may also be required.
The Industrial Maintenance Mechanic V - Plumber must have the ability to identify and correct any safety-related issues and perform independent equipment evaluations to identify potential equipment failures. General Maintenance of equipment will also be required.
- Provides O&M related services for latrines and the water works system for structures including pre-existing and portable containers.
- Performs O&M plumbing consisting of all materials and labor from the first valve and manhole to the building including all plumbing fixtures and piping contained within, and outside the building.
- etermine the location for and type, size and amount of material required, considering such factors as volume, pressure, temperature and type of substance being piped.
- Lay out, construct, install, rebuild, maintain, repair, adjust, modify and test plumbing systems such as water, drain lines, lawn and fire sprinkler systems, etc.
- Perform routine plumbing, such as diagnosing, testing and repairing all types of plumbing lines and fixtures.
- Diagnose and repair major plumbing breakdowns, which do not respond to routine maintenance.
- Performs planned maintenance on all building equipment and related services for specific area while being sensitive and responsive to customer needs.
- Performs trouble-shooting techniques on mechanical equipment such as pumps, agitators, hydraulic systems, research laboratory vacuum systems, RO/DI purified water systems, compressed air and other gas equipment and distribution systems to determine problems and effect repairs as promptly and efficiently as possible to minimize downtime.
- Performs preventative maintenance inspections.
- Develops and implements planned maintenance procedures, performs job estimates, maintains spare parts inventory. Keeps stock persons informed as to parts consumed from inventory.
- Assists in installing, inspecting new equipment and servicing installations.
- Provides support to co-workers, contractors, vendors, project managers, building managers, and engineers as necessary to support project and renovation work.
- Complies with all governmental, company, and industrial regulations, codes, and standards, health safety practices, and permit systems.
- Performs preventive maintenance as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations and industry standards.
- Recommends measures to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Operates various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide energy efficiency solutions.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Maintains a strict schedule in order to be successful in the assignment, yet demonstrates flexibility in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Six years of experience performing mechanical maintenance in an industrial environment, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have the ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must possess trade certificates, or have five (5) or more years of related experience inplumbing.
- Must also remain certified to test backflow devices
Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
Some tasks will require the ability to walk extensively throughout facilities during a workday.
Requires the ability to climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs as needed during a workday.
Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat, kneel, reach/stretch, and move in a 90-degree fashion during workday.
Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
Requires ability to read and understand information contained in a variety of documents or displayed on a computer screen.
Requires ability to use a variety of office equipment and to operate a computer keyboard to access data bases, to send/receive messages and to prepare documents.
Requires ability to attend meetings throughout the site and potentially travel to other Amentum, customer and/or vendor locations in the area, as well as some air travel to more distant locations.
Requires the ability to communicate with others on the telephone and in one-on-one or group discussions, meetings and presentations.
Demonstrated fluency in computer use including the full Microsoft product line.
Requires some moving of light to medium weight materials into desks, filing cabinets and other storage locations.
Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats, and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Associates degree or technical certification in Industrial Technology, Industrial Mechanical, or related technical program.
- Experience diagnosing, troubleshooting and repairing industrial production systems such as conveyors and coolant systems to OEM specifications.
- Experience with alignments and timing machines using Precision calibration tools.
- Experience diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing pumps, motors, gearboxes, supply and exhaust fans, power transmission components, hydraulic and pneumatic systems,
- Experience utilizing measurement tools such as micrometers, dial indicators, various type gauges, and calibers to set tolerances to OEM Specifications.
- Experience performing pipefitting, welding, fabrication, and millwright related work.
- Experience welding using MIG, TIG, and arc welders.