Industrial Maintenance Mechanic IV - Plumber
Amentum is seeking an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic IV - Plumber to join our Operations & Maintenance Team.
This position is responsible for providing an intermediate level of expertise in responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing repairs to fixtures and systems in a manufacturing environment.
Working under minimal supervision as a member of a self-directed work team, this is a multi-craft position that may perform machine repairs and general non-licensed maintenance work, as well as support other licensed trades as directed. Requires good working knowledge of all types and applications of equipment pertaining to maintenance and operations for assigned area, and the ability to work within machine tolerances. General maintenance, including minor duties in carpentry, painting, and sheet metal, may also be required.
The Industrial Maintenance Mechanic IV - Plumber must have the ability to identify and correct any safety-related issues and perform independent equipment evaluations to identify potential equipment failures. General Maintenance of equipment will also be required.
- Provides O&M related services for latrines and the water works system for structures including pre-existing and portable containers.
- Performs O&M plumbing consisting of all materials and labor from the first valve and manhole to the building including all plumbing fixtures and piping contained within, and outside the building.
- Determine the location for and type, size and amount of material required, considering such factors as volume, pressure, temperature, and type of substance being piped.
- Lay out, construct, install, rebuild, maintain, repair, adjust, modify, and test plumbing systems such as water, drain lines, lawn, and fire sprinkler systems, etc.
- Perform routine plumbing, such as diagnosing, testing, and repairing all types of plumbing lines and fixtures.
- Diagnose and repair major plumbing breakdowns, which do not respond to routine maintenance.
- Performs planned maintenance on all building equipment and related services for specific area while being sensitive and responsive to customer needs.
- Performs trouble-shooting techniques on mechanical equipment such as pumps, agitators, hydraulic systems, research laboratory vacuum systems, RO/DI purified water systems, compressed air and other gas equipment and distribution systems to determine problems and effect repairs as promptly and efficiently as possible to minimize downtime.
- Performs preventative maintenance inspections.
- Develops and implements planned maintenance procedures, performs job estimates, maintains spare parts inventory. Keeps stock persons informed as to parts consumed from inventory.
- Assists in installing, inspecting new equipment, and servicing installations.
- Provides support to co-workers, contractors, vendors, project managers, building managers, and engineers as necessary to support project and renovation work.
- Complies with all governmental, company, and industrial regulations, codes, and standards, health safety practices, and permit systems.
- Performs preventive maintenance as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations, and industry standards.
- Recommends measures to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Operates various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide energy efficiency solutions.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Maintains a strict schedule to be successful in the assignment yet demonstrates flexibility in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
This position may require a valid driver’s license.
This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Current Oregon Plumbing Journeyman License or a plumbing license from the following states: Idaho or Montana.
- Five years of experience performing mechanical maintenance in an industrial environment or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment background check and substance abuse test.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- Must have the ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- Must be willing to work overtime, when required.
- Requires the ability to regularly lift to 50 lbs.
- Requires the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during shift.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat repetitive during shift.
- Requires the ability to regularly kneel repetitive for shift.
- Requires the ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
- Requires the use of a Company/Client approved utility knife.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats, and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Associates degree or technical certification in industrial mechanical, HVAC, or related facility maintenance discipline.
- Experience with building mechanical equipment operation, diagnostics, and repairs.
- Experience performing preventive maintenance on facility related equipment.
- Experience performing pipefitting, welding, fabrication, and millwright related work.
- Experience with basic electrical troubleshooting and repairs.
- Experience working in a CMMS environment.