Amentum is seeking a highly skilled Maintenance Mechanic to join our facility maintenance team of multi-skilled technicians in Suitland, M.D.
The Maintenance Mechanic maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs machinery or mechanical equipment.
- Examine machines and mechanical equipment to diagnose source of trouble.
- Reassemble equipment after completion of inspections, testing, or repairs.
- Repair or replace broken or malfunctioning components of machinery or equipment.
- Observe and test the operation of machinery or equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using voltmeters or other testing devices.
- Dismantle or partly dismantle machines and perform repairs that mainly involve the use of hand tools in scraping and fitting parts.
- Replace broken or defective parts with items obtained from stock, order the production of a replacement part by a machine shop, or send the machine to a machine shop for major repairs.
- Prepare written specifications for major repairs or for the production of parts ordered from machine shops, reassemble machines and make all necessary adjustments for operation
- Record repairs and maintenance performed.
- Performs all other position-related duties as assigned or requested by a supervisor.
- Two (2) years of previous experience installing, servicing, and repairing machinery or mechanical equipment.
- High school diploma or GED required. May substitute experience for education at the rate of one year of specific experience for one year of high school.
- Active Top Secret clearance required with ability to obtain/maintain TS/SCI clearance if required by site.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Knowledge and ability to repair machines or systems using the applicable tools
- Ability to perform routine maintenance on equipment and determine when and what kind of maintenance is needed
- Prefer candidate with training and experience acquired through a formal apprenticeship or accredited technical school.