Maintenance Work Control Intern
The Maintenance job family is responsible for planning, scheduling, and organizing the efficient maintenance, operation and performance of work assignments. Coordinates with various departments to achieve optimum utilization of operations and maintenance resources to effectively achieve production improvements through usage of industry standard methodologies.
This position shall be performed under the day-to-day direction, control and supervision of WTCC
While learning the intricacies of the layout of a Nuclear Maintenance Program, the intern would support in the following duties:
- Assist the CMMS Administrator with Computerized Maintenance Management System data and user information cleanup
- Confirm the CMMS canned reports work as expected
- Copy scripts from InfoMaker reports in use to store on the ITN where InfoMaker is not allowed. Having the scripts will save mountains of time by not re-creating the reports.
- Perform data integrity checks between CMMS on the CBN and ITN to upstream Engineering databases.
- Review and Update the Active CMMS User List for Maintenance Share Drives and software users
- Assist Program SMEs with surveillances and walkdowns.
- Assist Program SMEs with procedure writing/formatting.
- Assist Maintenance Specialists with tasks such as, training coordination, building metrics, and CAMPs Condition Reports and Recommendations.
- Assist the Maintenance Readiness Assessment Manager with Readiness elements.
- The Intern will learn, among other aspects, the application of DOE 426.2 for Training, and 433.1 Maintenance Management.
- This job description is not intended to include every duty, task or instruction for which an employee is responsible. Other tasks may be assigned, based on business needs and the department supervisors request
- Support the Waste Treatment Plant Nuclear Safety Quality Culture by emphasizing the values of safety and quality in the performance of work in order to protect self, others, and the environment
(EFNM) Exposed Field Non-Manual
Performs desk work, including writing, computer workstation processes, and telephone operation. Arranges for and/or performs presentations, oral reports, planning meetings, and other formal and informal contacts, requiring long periods of sitting. Oversees field activities through inspections, testing and equipment operations, which requires walking, standing, bending, and turning along with wearing of personal protective equipment. Occasional loading, transport, and unloading of tools and/or supplies specific to an activity.
Amentum is a global company with a heritage dating back more than 100 years and delivering solutions in nuclear energy, infrastructure, operations and maintenance, and national security. Our predecessors helped build Hoover Dam, protected fighting forces in World War II, and supported the Manhattan Project. Today, our teams clean up legacy nuclear waste around the world, manage the United Kingdom’s defense portfolio, design programs and tests for Navy submarine electronic systems, and provide integrated supply chain services needed in developing countries during the pandemic.
Amentum has joined with Bechtel to create an LLC, known as the Waste Treatment Completion Company (WTCC) Join us as we make history at the Hanford Vit Plant, known as the Waste Treatment and Immobilization Plant. We are designing and building a one-of-a-kind facility that will turn radioactive and chemical waste left over from World War II and Cold War plutonium production into a form safe for disposal. Your efforts will help protect the nearby Columbia River and the communities, salmon, and wildlife along its shorelines throughout the Northwest.
Sitting at the confluence of the Columbia, Snake and Yakima rivers near two mountain ranges, our community provides access to year-round outdoor recreation, 300 days of sun a year, more than 200 wineries within a 50-mile radius, and the amenities of large cities just a three-hour drive (or short flight) to Seattle and Portland.
Education: Junior or Senior year toward a BS Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Information Technology, Information Systems
Please ensure you provide number of credits earned and current GPA on your resume
Experience: No experience needed
Housing and transportation are not provided. Lodging and transportation recommendations will be provided upon request.
Relocation Benefits are NOT available for this position
At least 18 years of age
This position is located at the Construction Site (22 miles north of Richland) and works a 4 x 10 schedule, M-Th, 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Must be able to work in the United States without Sponsorship