Industrial Maintenance Mechanic III
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic III
Amentum is seeking a Industrial Maintenance Mechanic III to join our operations & maintenance team.
• Typical work schedule will vary based on business demand.
This position is responsible for providing an intermediate level of expertise in responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing repairs to fixtures and systems in a manufacturing environment.
Working under minimal supervision as a member of a self-directed work team, this is a multi-craft position that may perform machine repairs and general non-licensed maintenance work, as well as support other licensed trades as directed. Requires good working knowledge of all types and applications of equipment pertaining to maintenance and operations for assigned area, and the ability to work within machine tolerances. General maintenance, including minor duties in carpentry, painting, and sheet metal, may also be required.
The Industrial Maintenance Mechanic must have the ability to identify and correct any safety-related issues and perform independent equipment evaluations to identify potential equipment failures. General Maintenance of equipment will also be required.
• Performs planned maintenance on all building equipment and related services for specific area while being sensitive and responsive to customer needs.
• Performs trouble-shooting techniques on mechanical equipment such as pumps, agitators, hydraulic systems, research laboratory vacuum systems, RO/DI purified water systems, compressed air and other gas equipment and distribution systems to determine problems and effect repairs as promptly and efficiently as possible to minimize downtime.
• Performs preventative maintenance inspections.
• Develops and implements planned maintenance procedures, performs job estimates, maintains spare parts inventory. Keeps stock persons informed as to parts consumed from inventory.
• Assists in installing, inspecting new equipment and servicing installations.
• Provides support to co-workers, contractors, vendors, project managers, building managers, and engineers as necessary to support project and renovation work.
• Complies with all governmental, company, and industrial regulations, codes, and standards, health safety practices, and permit systems.
• Performs preventive maintenance as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
• Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations and industry standards.
• Recommends measures to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
• Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
• Operates various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide energy efficiency solutions.
• Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
• Maintains a strict schedule in order to be successful in the assignment, yet demonstrates flexibility in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer.
• Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
• Three years of maintenance experience in one of the following trades or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience: Industrial HVAC/ Industrial Mechanical Machine Repair, or Automotive Repair.
• Ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
• This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
• This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
• This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
• This position may require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
• Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
• Some tasks will require the ability to walk extensively throughout facilities during a workday.
• Requires the ability to climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs as needed during a workday.
• Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat, kneel, reach/stretch, and move in a 90-degree fashion during workday.
• Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
• Requires ability to read and understand information contained in a variety of documents or displayed on a computer screen.
• Requires ability to use a variety of office equipment and to operate a computer keyboard to access data bases, to send/receive messages and to prepare documents.
• Requires ability to attend meetings throughout the site and potentially travel to other Amentum, customer and/or vendor locations in the area, as well as some air travel to more distant locations.
• Requires the ability to communicate with others on the telephone and in one-on-one or group discussions, meetings and presentations.
• Demonstrated fluency in computer use including the full Microsoft product line.
• Requires some moving of light to medium weight materials into desks, filing cabinets and other storage locations.
• Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
• Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats, and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
• Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
Prior experience supporting the Intel customer.
• Associates degree or trade school certification in Industrial Mechanical, HVAC, or a related field.
• Experience working safely with 480 volt 3 phase electrical systems.
• Experience troubleshooting and repairing industrial facility mechanical equipment, including vacuum systems and RO/DI water systems.
• Experience troubleshooting and repairing large commercial or industrial HVAC/R equipment.
• Experience maintaining basic plumbing needs.
• Working knowledge of all types and kinds of hand and power tools, air measuring instruments, various refrigeration equipment, various electrical meters, meggers, and shop equipment.
• Experience working in a CMMS environment.
• Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.
• Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends. Work schedules can change based on critical business needs.
• Work schedules can change based on critical business needs.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.