Amentum is seeking a highly skilled Maintenance Mechanic to join our facility maintenance team of multi-skilled technicians in Washington DC.
The Maintenance Mechanic maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs machinery or mechanical equipment.
- Examine machines and mechanical equipment to diagnose source of trouble.
- Reassemble equipment after completion of inspections, testing, or repairs.
- Repair or replace broken or malfunctioning components of machinery or equipment.
- Observe and test the operation of machinery or equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using voltmeters or other testing devices.
- Dismantle or partly dismantle machines and perform repairs that mainly involve the use of hand tools in scraping and fitting parts.
- Replace broken or defective parts with items obtained from stock, order the production of a replacement part by a machine shop, or send the machine to a machine shop for major repairs.
- Prepare written specifications for major repairs or for the production of parts ordered from machine shops, reassemble machines and make all necessary adjustments for operation
- Record repairs and maintenance performed.
- Performs all other position-related duties as assigned or requested by a supervisor.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.