Amentum, a large government contractor is seeking candidates for a new Navy/Marine Corps program to open in Beaufort, SC on the first quarter of 2024. Some key positions will be filled prior to site opening.
BASIC FUNCTION SUMMARY
- Schedules and tracks all aircraft scheduled/unscheduled maintenance actions, coordinates activities and ensures all documentation is complete to successfully complete the daily flight schedule, monitors maintenance schedules for accuracy and completion, maintains ADRs and screens for accuracy and completeness Possess a high degree of expertise in the control and coordination of aircraft maintenance.
- Must be customer oriented.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Ensures that COMNAVAIRFORINST 4790.2 series programs and requirements for Maintenance Control are carried out as required.
- Schedules all maintenance actions required.
- Coordinate daily flight schedule activities with squadron operations.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable maintenance/technical manuals and publications.
- Have a thorough working knowledge of aircraft maintenance records.
- Have a working understanding of the aircraft and systems.
- Must have ability to schedule and track aircraft/engine maintenance including inspections, preservations, oil sampling and engine washes and rinses.
- Must be able to operate two-way communication equipment and speak in a clear and concise manner.
- Perform administrative and clerical duties using computer, typewriter and other associated equipment within maintenance control.
- Performs the duties and responsibilities of Maintenance Control Controller and Aircraft Issuer/ Dispatcher.
- Establishes and maintains a maintenance system inspection schedule and assigns work priorities to maintenance actions.
- Coordinates dailies, preflights and turn-around inspections.
- Schedule aircraft corrosion inspections.
- Schedules aircraft for daily flight schedule.
- Schedules aircraft washes.
- Schedules Phase inspections.
- Track transfer/acceptance inspections requirements.
- Assign daily preservation and depreservation requirements.
- Tracks cannibalization and maintains liaison with Supply.
- Screens maintenance actions for post maintenance check flights requirements.
- Prepares or assists in preparation of aircraft readiness reports.
- Monitors high time component tracking program.
- Monitors aircraft issuing/scheduling to ensure daily schedule completion.
- Verifies completion of required maintenance by checking applicable maintenance forms.
- Releases aircraft or returns aircraft for completion of maintenance.
- Must be able to work day shift, night shift or weekend duty and travel as part of a maintenance recovery team or detachment as required.
- Will have experience writing with clarity and technical accuracy.
- Monitors/schedules aircraft inventory, acceptance and transfer inspections.
- Perform other tasks as directed by management.
- Provides technical assistance, guidance and instruction as required.
- Maintains and/or completes required records and applicable maintenance forms
- Performs daily duties normally associated with this specialty.
- Practice good housekeeping, tool control, FOD awareness/prevention and safety at all times.
- Assists in aircraft/equipment movement and flight line foreign object prevention walks.
- Comply with Hazardous Waste Program.
- Operates SE, flight line vehicles and other support equipment as required.
- Qualified to perform corrosion detection, treatment, prevention and documentation per customer/management instructions/directions on aircraft and associated equipment.
- Annotates maintenance actions in aircraft forms and VIDS/MAF, Work Orders in NALCOMIS/OOMA.
- Will have knowledge of and understand basic supply procedures. Assist with ordering parts, tools, materials and equipment as required.
- Must comply with established General and Industrial Safety Rules and Regulations as applicable to the contract, facilities and job assignment.
- Keeps shop area clean
- Satisfactory completion of U.S. Navy aviation maintenance control courses. Must be able to meet any Government/Company licensing/qualification requirements for the position.
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a Secret US Government Clearance. NOTE: US Citizenship is required to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Must have completed high school or equivalent.
- Must read, write, speak, and understand English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
This classification activity is usually accomplished in a maintenance control office environment and as such requires the scope of physical movements and postures normally associated with office activities. May be required to lift objects whose weight normally will not exceed 50 pounds. Special vision abilities required to perform this job are close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
The diversity of work conditions may range from an environment where there is little or no physical discomfort, to an environment where inclement weather may subject individual to severe changes of temperature, wind, rain, etc. May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles. May be exposed to electrical shock hazards.
LICENSING, CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS As May be Required for Job Specialty or as Directed by Management
- Driver’s License
- Egress/Explosive System Checkout
- Safe For Flight
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.