Material Handler CAT III
Under direct supervision of the Supply Support Manager, the individual will support any daily Supply functions within the Supply and Logistics Department to include warehousing, shipping and receiving, HAZMAT, excess disposal and inventory.
Duties may include but not be limited to the following depending on assignment:
- Performs HAZMAT locker inspections and training in accordance with policies and procedures for Pacific Missile Range Facility (PMRF).
- Perform tasks for all HAZMAT operations from cradle to grave.
- Provide clerical and administrative tasks within the Supply & Logistics Department.
- Maintain time management to accomplish deadlines and requirements.
- Perform quality control inspections on property and tools as required.
- Maintain files and records related to HAZMINCEN.
- Hazmat Material Management Tool data input, report retrieval and inventory updates
- Performs all data entry and tracking into the N-ERP system.
- Transport HAZMAT as referenced in the Performance Work Statement (PWS).
- Ensure compatibility of hazmat that’s stored in warehouse and locker locations.
- Warehouse inventory, accountability, research and database updates as required.
- Shipping and receiving accountability, tracking, documentation, delivery, receipt and program updates for items.
- Provide superior customer service to the customers.
- Work In Accordance with Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) regulations.
- Perform 55 Gallon drum crushing and Aerosol crushing operations.
- Disposal of assets along with documentations and database inputs.
- Follow instructions as provided with some proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office programs.
- Coordinate and prepare weekly and monthly reports In Accordance with (IAW) established formats, schedules, and deadlines.
- In addition to the above, performs any other tasks as directed by the supervisor and Department manager.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Lifting/Pulling: over 25-50lbs. Walking or standing, bending, crawling, or cramped. Work requiring repeated stooping, sitting. Work requiring repeated or frequent stair climbing. Pushing/Pulling 25-50 lbs. with two men assist. Customer contact, extended workday, confined work area, Office Laboratory, field assignment & inclement weather.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent with 1 year of Supply & Logistics background experience required.
- Experience in Microsoft Office.
- Experience with DLA.
- Experience with N-ERP.
- Knowledge of Hazmat Material Management
- Knowledge of Inventory management and accountability
- Knowledge of basic hazardous materials and Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently
- Must work well with co-workers and customers
- Must be capable of material handling and equipment (MHE)
Applicants selected either must currently possess a Secret clearance or will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements to obtain clearance prior to commencement of employment and maintain a security clearance for access to classified information or Closed/Restricted Areas throughout duration of employment.
- Active DoD Secret security clearance
- 1 year experience in HAZMAT is desired