Logs & Records Supervisor
The Aircraft Logs & Records Supervisor is responsible for the management and sustainment of all aircraft logs books, aeronautical equipment service records, aircraft maintenance files, records and reports, directive and correspondence in an aircraft maintenance and operations environment in accordance with the CNAFINST 4790.2 series and applicable instructions.
- Utilize the current management information system(s) to maintain aircraft forms and records as required by customer.
- Draft and submit aircraft/engine management and Inventory Reporting System reports in a timely manner.
- Prepares weekly, monthly, yearly reports as assigned.
- Processes readiness documents, administer the aircraft configuration status accounting program and verify aircraft utilization reports.
- Monitors aircraft configuration status, weight and balance and aircraft inventory data for accuracy.
- Initiates and distributes applicable maintenance forms in accordance with established procedures.
- Assists in preparation of the Monthly Maintenance Plan.
- Monitor, verify and log Support Equipment Custody records, Aviation Armament Equipment, aircraft inventory records and Technical Directives as applicable.
- May be required to maintain work-center technical publication annex library.
- Provides technical assistance, guidance and instruction as required.
- Perform data processing, data entry and administrative support in the following systems:
- NALCOMIS Optimized Organizational Maintenance Activity (OOMA) / DBA
- NALCOMIS Organizational Maintenance Activity (OMA)
- F/A-18 Automated Maintenance Environment (FAME) as Administrator
- Integrated Maintenance Data System (IMDS)
- Comprehensive Engine Trending and Diagnostics System (CETADS)
- Comprehensive Engine Management System (CEMS)
- Maintains cleanliness of the work center as required.
- Presents a courteous and professional demeanor when dealing with customers and co-workers.
- Complies with Foreign Object Damage (FOD), Hazardous Waste Program, and Tool Control Programs.
- Complies with all established general and industrial safety rules and regulations as applicable to the contract, facility and job assignment.
- Experience with automated management information systems: OOMA, NALCOMIS, FAME, IMDS, CETADS, CEMS – highly desired. Licensing, certification requirements.
- Must have ten (10) years of aviation clerical experience with at least five (5) years of Supervisory/Management experience in maintaining aircraft log books, aeronautical equipment service records and associated logs.
- Previous experience with US Navy, and/or US Marine Corps aircraft logbooks and documentation is preferred.
- Satisfactory completion of U.S. Armed Forces Logs and Records courses or other schools with equivalent curriculum or four (4) year of on the job training and / or experience required.
- Must be able to meet any Government / Company licensing / qualification requirements for the position.
- Experience in F/A-18 (A-F models), EA-18G, AV-8B, and/or MH-60S strongly preferred.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain any company/government required clearance, qualification, or certification.
- Must be U.S. Citizen
- Normally in an office environment, but occasionally work may be required in aircraft hangar and shop areas.
- Primarily working in an office environment with minimum exposure to noise hazards.
- May be required to handle hazardous materials.
- Administrative duties that may require occasional kneeling, standing, stooping and bending are required. Required lifting up to 50 lbs.