Sr Capture Manager - Government Health and Safety Solutions ( R-00055428-OTHLOC-PL-2D0230 )
Leidos is seeking a Capture Manager Professional to lead medium to large sized capture efforts that are high complexity, high strategic value and high dollar value, to secure new business. The successful candidate will have accountability to shape and win new business through a balanced focus on customer engagement, customer value, the competitive environment, corporate solution and pricing, and the corporation's best interests. The position will include developing capture strategy and business solutions for pursuit of opportunities, and playing a leadership role in defining technical solutions and competitive assessments. The CM will identify potential customers, competitive assessments, teammates and suppliers, and position-to-win; participate in bid and proposal activities and have the responsibility to lead and integrate the assigned cross-functional team, including the authority to direct team activities for the duration of the pursuit. The CM will partner with the Health Group and BD organization to ensure strategy and approach are in-line with business goals. Travel will be on an as-needed basis.
- The capture manager is responsible for the capture leadership of an assigned portfolio of opportunities in support of the market strategy.
- The capture manager must thrive in an environment where they are responsible for the management and execution of the full BD life-cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals.
- This individual will be expected to identify gaps and emerging requirements, perform market and economic analysis, conduct business intelligence, design and execute formal capture plans, and monitor competitor activity for each capture.
- Candidates at this level will develop the overall win strategy and perform the associated marketing for assigned opportunities.
- Will develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers.
- The candidate is expected to exercise sound judgment within broadly defined practices and policies; regularly interact with all levels of management, functional POCs, staff, and customers; and display a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
- Characteristics necessary for success include: business and technical vision; disciplined strategic thinking; analytical presentation and problem solving skills; the ability to gain internal support; and the ability to establish and maintain a solid working relationship with technical staff, managers, and peers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 15 years of professional experience
- Demonstrated ability to capture business across a heterogeneous portfolio
- A natural aptitude for strategic planning, financial analysis, capture management and teaming
- Diplomatic, persuasive and articulate communication style to establish and maintain rapport with internal and external customers / partners
- Aptitude for milestone-based capture process; to include opportunity identification, developing business cases, and capture management
- Proactive, superior attention to detail, project management, and organizational skills
- Business acumen, strong analytical and problem solving skills, reliability and sound judgment
- Passion for personal accountability, achievement, learning and continual improvement
- Ability to articulate complex issues into succinct, cohesive summaries and presentations
- Strong leadership and communications skills
- Technical background or operational experience
- Successful track record of significant and successful capture and business development accomplishment and associated win rates
- US Citizenship required, must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust government security clearance.
- A technical degree is highly desired.
- Experience with federal government budget, investments and acquisition processes
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with technical staff, division managers, and peers across Leidos
- Business development familiarity within the health market and health industry base
- Self-starter and ability to manage time independently without direct supervision
- The ability to operate at the senior level and influence, negotiate and close