- Maintains a safe workplace by adhering to and supporting Amentum’s SafeUp® program and all US Antarctic Program (USAP) safety policies, procedures, and requirements, ensuring that safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
- Operates shuttle service vehicles on varying road surfaces in inclement weather conditions with consideration for passenger safety. Vehicles include 11-14 passenger vans, Foremost Delta II with passenger compartment, and Foremost 56 passenger Terra Bus.
- Picks up and transports passengers and flight crew members to and from the airfield ramp while obeying all airfield safety requirements.
- Performs and documents required mechanical and fluid checks of shuttle vehicles prior to and during operation.
- Completes required shuttle and taxi logs.
- Communicates via two-way radio in accordance with prescribed procedures and proper radio etiquette.
- Provides Scott Base shuttle service as required.
- Provides transportation for Long Duration Balloon (LDB) personnel.
- Provides on-call taxi service.
- Monitors flight departure and return landing times, passenger transportation needs, taxi service needs, and other various tasking as a dispatcher; dispatches tasking accordingly.
- Performs “bellhop” service upon request for both incoming and outgoing flights.
- Interacts with the NSF, military, and other agency officials, both over the telephone and in person, in a professional and tactful manner.
- Actively participates in safety briefings and meetings. Performs Job Hazard Analyses, Work Center Inspections, and other safety reports, as required.
- Provides light vehicle training for other departments as necessary.
- Supports other departments as necessary.
- Must be able to interact with all team members in a positive and productive manner.
- Responsible for maintaining workplace programs and ensuring safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
- Performs other duties as required.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates and Licenses:
- A minimum of six months experience in vehicle driving operations or equipment operations (shuttle, bus driving, etc.)
Expected Skills and Competencies:
- Willingness to work 12-hour rotating shifts outdoors in inclement weather conditions, including nights, weekends, and extra hours, as needed.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Customer service experience
- Good multi-tasking, organizational skills, and basic computer knowledge
- Familiarity with dispatching.
Physical and/or Other Requirements:
- Willingness and ability to deploy to Antarctica for extended periods
- Successful completion of Medical and Dental examinations required by the NSF for deployment to Antarctica
- Successful completion of drug screening and background check required by employer
- Successful completion of Federal Background Check required by the NSF
- Must be willing and able to lift and move items, parts, assemblies, and equipment up to the safety regulation maximum as required by the position.
- Must be willing and able to perform physical activities including heavy lifting, climbing in and out of equipment, and working outdoors in extreme cold as required by the position.
- Must participate in community programs, such as “house-mouse” (chores), “daisy-picking” (cleaning-up around the station), recycling efforts & safety objectives.
- Valid Driver’s License issued in the United States
- Must be able to obtain and maintain facility credentials/authorization. Note: US Citizenship is required for facility credentials/authorization at this work location.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.