Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
The Munitions QA/QC audits and monitors the performance of the Munitions Department in respect to all explosives processes to include internal quality control management measures, effectiveness of training, and compliance with all safety (explosive and industrial) and environmental programs for the Munitions Dept. Site focal point for all WRM Program Weapons Safety issues/requirements. This may include measuring, observing, inspecting, testing, analyzing, classifying, and recording inspection results of inspections in the Theater Integrated Combat Munitions System (TICMS). Ensures compliance with Performance Work Statement (PWS) and ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (QMS).
- Perform random quality inspections on munitions inspection, receiving, shipping, storage, accountability maintenance, supply, procurement and transportation processes, including storage and operating facilities, to verify compliance with explosives, technical directives and the PWS.
- Perform random in-process and final product quality inspections on accountability, inspection, maintenance, storage, transportation and shipping operations.
- Monitor workshop practices and housekeeping, explosive and industrial, to identify compliance; identifying discrepancies and negative trends for managerial attention and corrections.
- Perform quality control inspections on outbound munitions shipments, including validation photography.
- Perform random inspections on tools, shop equipment, safety equipment and protective clothing.
- Perform spot checks on material requisition, storage and parts tracking management processes.
- Randomly review production and inspection schedules, work orders and historical records to ensure accuracy and timely completion.
- Review technical order files and Air Force standards for currency and adequacy.
- Review and evaluate work processes and facilities to ensure compliance with ISO 9001/Weapons Safety.
- Coordination point for review of written procedures and emergency action checklists; validate for currency and accuracy annually.
- Coordinate with other departments and PSO for standardization of processes and procedures.
- Assist with the development and implementation of departmental training programs.
- May assist with on-the-job training and auditing of training documentation to confirm compliance.
- Coordinate and evaluate all weapon safety related issues and requirements through Weapons Safety Office.
- Conduct spot inspections of explosive operations to confirm compliance with applicable safety and technical standards.
- Review/maintain all current waivers, exemptions and deviations from established safety criteria. Advise munitions Operations Manager, Site Manager and Safety Manager of any and all damage potential due to waivers, exemptions and deviations.
- Perform risk assessments on all DI weapons safety violations and provide reports to Site Management for corrective actions.
- Remain aware of all planning and activities on base that affect WRM Program weapons safety.
- Participate in the quality improvement process and risk management determination for all maintenance, storage, operating locations, munitions/maintenance handling equipment, weapons system modifications, test programs and personnel training.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Works in normal office and maintenance shop or warehouse environment and may be required to work outdoors for extended periods.
- Will be required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) according to prescribed procedures and as required for task being performed.
- Must have intermediate level knowledge of the USAF Supply and Tech Order systems or US service equivalent.
- Must have intermediate level knowledge of current MIS applicable to PGM activities.
- Must be proficient in the use of personal computers and Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office to include as a minimum Power Point, Excel and Word programs.
- May be required to operate material handling equipment.
- Must possess a valid home country driver’s license and ability to obtain host nation driver’s license.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have a minimum of seven years’ experience with USAF Military Munitions or US service equivalent. .
- Must have a minimum of five years combined supervisory experience in USAF munitions activities and MMHE or US service equivalent. .
- Must meet prerequisites for a Senior Munitions Inspector in accordance with AFMAN 21-200.
- Must be capable attending the USAF Munitions Inspector Course
- Must not have been convicted of a Domestic Violence charge (Lautenberg Amendment compliance).
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a US Secret Security Clearance.
- Physically capable of performing all required duties; capable of lifting/pushing/pulling minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Must have normal color perception and depth of vision.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Preferred USAF munitions storage, maintenance, control, and inspection procedures experience.
- Preferred TICMS, CAS, MC2, TMRS and IMDS for Munitions and MMHE experience.
- Preferred a minimum 2 years of experience as USAF Munitions Inspector and award of Special Experience Identifier (SEI) Code 836.
- Preferred previous Weapons Safety Manager with at least two years’ experience.
- Preferred prior experience with diversified handling equipment.
- Preferred intermediate experience in the operation of forklifts and tractor trailers.
- Preferred CCAF degree in Munitions Management.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.