Information Operations (IO) Analyst (OPSEC or MILDEC)
Amentum is seeking an Information Operations (IO) Analyst to provide research, planning and analysis support to U.S. Indo-Pacific Command (USINDOPACOM) in Camp H.M. Smith, HI.
You would be a great candidate for this position if you are a self-starter with Information Operations (IO) experience who can identify opportunities and take the initiative to implement high level programs. We are looking for a candidate confident in their knowledge and experience who is able to present new concepts of operations (CONOPS) and courses of action (COAs) to senior leaders.
- Support USINDOPACOM with comprehensive and integrated IO concepts, plans and assessments which support USINDOPACOM goals and objectives.
- Conduct research, both unclassified and classified, on various topics supporting ongoing and emerging operational concepts and plans, distilling that research into recommendations for MISO/MILDEC integration into OPLANS, CONPLANS and contingency planning.
- Research and develop Measures of Effectiveness (MOE) and Measures of Performance (MOP) by which to assess the effectiveness of IO support to plans and operations.
- Review, assess and compile documentation on USINDOPACOM IO and Information Environment (IE) actions and activities in order to satisfy OSD and Joint Staff reporting requirements.
- Provide assistance to senior-level strategic planning and briefings, including preparing formal papers and background information for USINDOPACOM senior leader consumption.
- Provide assistance on short timeline responses to answer specific questions pertaining to policy and operational plans; analyze subject plans and concepts for areas of concern; research and analyze various pertinent national security policies, military strategies, vulnerability assessments, threat and intelligence assessments, in order to inform planning efforts and new concept development.
- Assist in coordination with other Department of Defense entities, including other Combatant Commands, the Joint Staff, the Office of the Secretary of Defense, the military Services and USINDOPACOM's component and sub-unified commands.
Here at Amentum, we believe in fostering a sense of belonging. We welcome diversity, encourage growth and development, promote safety first, and believe curiosity is the spark for innovation. We take care of our employees who in turn take care of our customers, driving the success of our business.
- At least 10 years' experience supporting the Department of Defense (DoD)
- At least 5 years' experience working in Information Operations
- At least 2 years' experience working OPSEC or MILDEC
- Experience conducting research on a range of topics and functional areas
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient at authoring analytical or policy documents
- Proficient at Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Due to the nature of the work, must be a U.S. citizen
- Must have an active Top Secret security clearance
- Must be able to pass a polygraph after employment, if required
- Bachelor's Degree
- TS/SCI clearance
- Master's Degree from an accredited college or university or Graduation from a military command and staff college.
- 10 or more years of experience in OPSEC or MILDEC
- Experience with Classified Material Security and Handling Procedures
- 3 years' experience in the USINDOPACOM AOR
- 3 years' experience on a military staff (Service HQ, Combatant Command, OSD, JS)