Amentum is seeking a Painter completely knowledgeable and experienced in applying or removing paint from contract units in accordance with customer specifications. Understands and applies various corrosion control methods and technologies. Position reports to the Lead or other Supervisor.
- Working knowledge of drywall finishing.
- Apply and remove paint throughout facility as needed.
- Ability to read, interpret, and work from blueprints, drawings, layouts, or other specifications.
- Use a variety of hand tools, power tools, and shop equipment, must be able to climb and work off of ladders, elevated platforms, and wear fall arrest gear.
- Comply with all safety practices and environmental regulations.
- Ablility to research, specify, and order materials.
- This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- High school diploma or GED.
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Legal Resident.
- Two years of experience as a commercial Painter.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment background check and substance abuse test.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- Must be an experienced Painter.
- Skills with a variety of hand and power tools.
- Attention to detail.
- Requires frequent lifting, moving, carrying, pushing, pulling of over 50 lbs.
- Requires frequent standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, and crouching.
- Must be able to pass a respirator physical and be able to wear various types of respirators.
- Must have normal color vision, freedom from fear of heights, and confined spaces.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Some tasks will require the ability to walk extensively throughout facilities during a workday.
- Requires ability to read and understand information contained in a variety of documents or displayed on a computer screen.
- Requires ability to use a variety of office equipment and to operate a computer keyboard to access data bases, to send/receive messages and to prepare documents.
- Requires ability to attend meetings throughout the site and potentially travel to other Amentum, customer and/or vendor locations in the area, as well as some air travel to more distant locations.
- Requires the ability to communicate with others on the telephone and in one-on-one or group discussions, meetings and presentations.
- Demonstrated fluency in computer use including the full Microsoft product line.
- Requires some moving of light to medium weight materials into desks, filing cabinets and other storage locations.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
• Previous experience painting at a manufacturing facility.
• Prior experience supporting the Intel customer.