Paint or remove paint from contract units in accordance with customer specifications. Understands and applies various corrosion control methods and technologies. Position reports to Supervisor.
- Coats surfaces of contract units with primer, paint, lacquer, epoxy, resin or other material, using brushes, rollers, spray guns and other devices.
- Removes old paint using liquid paint remover and scraper or plastic/sand media blasting techniques.
- Smoothes surface with sandpaper and steel wool. Roughens aluminum surfaces with acid solution and steel wool to insure that paint adheres to surface and provides corrosion control methods to customer specifications.
- Masks and covers portions of surfaces not to be painted. Paints insignia, letters or numerals on vehicle surface, using stencils.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job:
- The employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or fee; and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and taste or smell.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and extreme heat.
- The employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud, or may include unsafe conditions, questioning nonstandard operations or environmental factors that may involve unmitigated hazards, and providing feedback to supervisors and managers on all safety issues.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
- Three (3) years recent experience in the maintenance, water blasting, sand blasting, bead blasting, overhaul and painting/depainting of contract unit equipment is required.
- Must have normal color vision.
- PFT and Respirator Fit test may be required.
- Must have a High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and a government background check.
- Must be able to read, speak and write English.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Common Access Card (CAC), if required.
- Must be willing to work on shifts, weekends.
Work on this contract is performed at the Red River Army Depot. Access to the Depot requires all covered individuals to be registered with the United States Selective Service.
For more specific information on registering, please visit: http://www.sss.gov/regist%20information.htm