Passport Section Lead (Midwest)
This position is contingent upon contract award
Amentum is seeking a Section Leader for an upcoming opportunity supporting a U.S Department of State contract. This contract provides onsite management, administration, and passport book/card application processing support at Passport Centers and Passport Agencies nationwide. The Section Leader leads and manages a team of Passport Support Associates at the location assigned. Locations include: Chicago, IL, Detroit, MI and Minneapolis, MN.
Responsibilities include setting work priorities and ensuring a smooth transition of work between the various teams. If requested by Government management, ensure that a sufficient inventory of Passports and other supplies are on hand to meet current and anticipated demand. The Section Leader serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in critical roles and frequently liaises with onsite Government Management. Critical roles such as, Passport services’ processing work functions (mail open, cashier, image capture, image review, data entry, book print/card print, quality control and PRISM), customer service, fraud, cashier, passport product control, and supervise at any level within the Agency/Center. Anticipated tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plan, direct, and coordinate the daily activities of mail open, cashier, image capture, image review, data entry, book print/card print, quality control and PRISM. Plan and follow established procedures and methods to meet changing processing requirements
- Provide regular operational feedback, management meetings, status updates, attendance reporting, training records, and other production activity reporting
- Perform workload management in all Passport task areas to include, Mail Open, LB/Scanning, Image Review, Book Print, Quality Control, Mail Out, PRISM or Customer Service
- Notify the Passport Support Manager of any problems or issues with staff adherence to procedures, any internal controls violations
- Monitor workload and make recommendations to the Government on how to divide work among support staff
- Monitor contractor personnel performance and ensure that work is performed in accordance with performance standards, established procedures, and internal controls
- Assist with prioritizing will calls, expedites, and routine work
- Assist in training contract personnel in their duties and tasks, helping to constantly improve the training process/procedure
- Make recommendations to the Government to improve processes and assist with problem solving and continuous improvement
- Maintain flexibility to meet organizational production and service goals, as required by the workload, and per the direction of the Government
- Maintain control and oversight of blank Passport books/cards and other accountable items
- In the event that the Passport Support Manager is absent for any reason, for a period no longer than two weeks, a Section Leader may serve as Acting Passport Support Manager
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S government Secret security clearance. Note: US Citizenship is required to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or) 4 years of experience as a Support Associate Level II or III (or) 4 years of experience in managing teams
- Minimum Six (6) years of general office experience, including two (2) years of supervisory experience and four (4) years of experience utilizing a variety of office software, specifically: MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Excel, and MS Outlook
- Demonstrated customer service experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage, assign, delegate, prioritize, and organize workflow duties of a team.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize workload for small teams and possess good organizational skills
- Ability to effectively and politely interface with the public and provide excellent customer service
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and apply regulatory material and internal controls
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.