Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.
Our Project Controls team are recruiting for an experienced Estimator to join their team.
Purpose and Scope:
As the Estimator you will be responsible for providing support and assistance in the maintenance of a comprehensive Estimating service to 1 or more projects within a programme for the Amentum E&E (UK) business unit. Provide and manage the estimating framework, systems, and resources to deliver an effective estimating service to Project Managers and Senior Leaders.
- Facilitate the production of the project WBS and application of CBS
- Provide quality estimates for all project phases and stages, across a range of project types.
- Ensure all estimates have relevant underpinning including basis of estimate.
- Utilise current metrics and actively analyse and develop appropriate norms for estimating deployment.
- Development of Estimating Uncertainty provisions and production of the required information to support the risk process.
- Support the Commercial department in analysis of tenders and fair price checking and subsequent analysis of supply chain submissions prior to inclusion in estimates.
- Maintain the estimating database and validate data across systems
- Support the analysis of project outturns against baseline for LFE and Knowledge Management.
- Mentor and support assistant estimators in their development
- Ensure the accuracy of data communicated and reported to all stakeholders
- Highlight any current or potential issues to the PCM and Project Manager
- Maintain compliance with approved processes, procedures, and systems
- Ideally Degree qualified degree in relevant subject or demonstrated equivalent experience
- Preferrable Professional membership of a relevant chartered body.
- Preferred: Trained in an appropriate Project management qualification
- Proven experience in an Estimating position, working in a project delivery environment ideally in the nuclear sector or a similar highly regulated sector.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.