Amentum is seeking a Maintenance Planner for the SDC2000 at the Bluegrass Chemical Agent Destruction Pilot Plant project located in Richmond, Kentucky.
Typical Responsibilities include:
- Perform all work safely and with the utmost concern for the safety of self and other employees.
- Perform all work in compliance with environmental permits and regulations.
- May be required to work overtime or varying hours to include shift work.
- Be at work when scheduled and maintain a good attendance record.
- Work in close proximity to and or in a chemical demilitarization facility.
- Plan, prepare, review, issue and close proper concise work instructions to perform maintenance activities in the field, in potentially hazardous areas
- Planning and preparation of work instructions would include material staging, requisitioning, expediting, labor estimating, and other field support as required.
- Ensure operations and maintenance work orders are following project procedures, assist in the determination of work priority, and establish workflow processes that support work management and operational goals.
- Ensure all safety and environmental guidelines are followed without deviation.
- Review and analyze delays in schedule, expedite any work activities requiring work packages that delay schedules, and coordinate schedule changes needed to encompass unforeseen conditions.
- Ensure post-maintenance testing of systems, equipment, and components under operational conditions are properly recorded on all work orders requiring post -maintenance testing; ensure equipment and components are consistent with engineering specifications before scheduling installation.
- Coordinate and obtain parts and materials for all operations and maintenance work orders. Ensure all parts and materials listed on the work orders are available prior to task assignment. Support daily activities, track progress, and provide status to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Aid in obtaining vendors for performance of maintenance tasks that are beyond the maintenance capability; provide parts, materials, and equipment support as needed.
- Work with other maintenance and operational personnel as a consolidated team to cooperatively complete tasks.
- Coordinate timely development and release of operations and maintenance work packages and work orders to support the plant schedule.
- Provide other work management support and other duties as directed
Relocation Assistance Provided
BGCAPP is subject to Army Regulations (AR50-6 Chemical Surety Program and AR190-59 Unescorted Access Program) with govern persons performing work under the Chemical Personnel Reliability Program (CPRP) and unescorted Access Program (UAP). Eligibility to be placed in a CPRP or UAP position requires US citizenship. Employees must favorably complete a series of screenings to include but not limited to: a National Agency Check with Local Agency Check and Credit Check (NACLC) security investigation, drug/alcohol testing and medical examination.
All employees are subject to and agree to random drug and alcohol testing as a condition of continued employment for the duration of their assignment. Respiratory screening and the ability to wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) may be required for this position. The ability to obtain/maintain access to the Blue Grass Army Depot is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or related field and 5 years’ experience in the planning of maintenance tasks on plant process equipment, including a thorough knowledge of a variety of planning activities such as identification of critical maintenance tasks, parts and materials selection, automated production processes and engineering interface
- Associate degree in technical or related field and 9 years’ experience in the planning of maintenance tasks on plant process equipment, including a thorough knowledge of a variety of planning activities such as identification of critical maintenance tasks, parts and materials selection, automated production processes and engineering interface
- High school diploma or equivalent and 13 years’ experience in the planning of maintenance tasks on plant process equipment, including a thorough knowledge of a variety of planning activities such as identification of critical maintenance tasks, parts and materials selection, automated production processes and engineering interface
- Must have 5 years of experience performing equipment maintenance
- Must have experience using a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS)
- Must possess good writing skills and effective verbal communications
- Must be computer literate in common software applications and able to operate general office equipment
- Must be a United States or naturalized citizen able to obtain and maintain Blue Grass Chemical Agent-Destruction Pilot Plant (BGCAPP) site access
- Must maintain fitness-for-duty standards to perform the essential functions of the position, to include any depot or BGCAPP drill, contingency and/or emergency requirement
- The experience annotated above in the Basic Qualifications
- Previous certification in a skilled maintenance position (electrician, instrumentation, mechanic)
- Relevant, recent experience planning maintenance activities in an operating nuclear, chemical demilitarization, or other processing/production industrial facility
- Experience working with Maximo CMMS
- Understanding job hazards analysis, production/processing systems, reading and understanding blue prints, dwgs., specifications.