Strategic JOPES Planner
Amentum is seeking a high-impact, detail-oriented Strategic Joint Operation Planning and Execution System (JOPES) Planner to perform technical and analytical work in support to U.S. Indo-Pacific Command (USINDOPACOM) at Camp H.M. Smith, HI.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic JOPES policies and processes advice and assistance with senior-level strategies and plans, prepare formal papers and background information, and provide briefings for USINDOPACOM senior leader consumption.
- Perform technical and analytical work in order to manage Joint Force requirements and Time Phased Force Deployment Data (TPFDD) in support of multiple planning efforts.
- Provide guidance, as required, in accordance with JOPES policies that support the planning teams by ensuring a responsive, controlled, and managed process to identify, integrate, and prioritize plan requirements throughout the planning cycles.
- Effectively interface with USINDOPACOM service and functional components, Joint Task Force(s), Sub-unified Commands, Combatant Commands, Services and other agencies to develop TPFDDs for directed USINDOPACOM plans.
- Ensures that forces, support and logistics are properly captured and phased to ensure concept of operations are clearly depicted to meet intended purposes at execution and within transportation constraints.
- Attend, participate, and support the planning and execution of meetings, conferences, and exercises in support of USINDOPACOM.
- Provide assistance, technical and/or administrative, on short timelines in response to inquiries pertaining to policy and operational plans, analyze subject plans and research various joint force requirements to inform decision making process and planning efforts.
- Travel may be required to attend and support planning efforts.
- At least 10 years of combined experience supporting the Department of Defense (DoD), including:
- At least 5 years of experience working in related Joint Planning Process
- At least 3 years of experience working in JOPES at a Combatant Command or Service Component-level Command
- Knowledge of the Indo-Pacific region
- Experience conducting research on a range of Joint Force topics and functional areas
- Proficient at authoring policy documents and information papers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products and SharePoint collaborative tools
- Theater knowledge and advanced joint planning skills to shape and deliver the desired plans
- Detailed knowledge of USINDOPACOM policy and strategy and a thorough understanding of USINDOPACOM TCP/TCO, GCPs, CT EXORD, OPLANs, CONPLANs, and Theater Security Cooperation Plans including linkages to parallel national interests
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing in order to provide information, articles, written reports, and presentations to include delivering executive summaries to flag and general officers (FO/GO) and Senior Executive Service (SES) level officials
- Must have an Active Secret US Government Clearance, and the ability to obtain a Top-Secret US Government Clearance with SCI eligibility at a later date during employment. Note: US Citizenship is required to obtain a Top-Secret Clearance.
- Bachelor or Master's Degree from an accredited college or university and/or equivalent DoD experience, training or education
- 5 years of experience in the Indo-Pacific Area of Operations (AOR)
- 5 years of experience in strategic military plans
- Current TS/SCI clearance
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.