Amentum has an immediate opening for a Supervisor 1 for Maintenance IMD.
Supervises and coordinates activities of 15 to 20 crafts people involved in facility maintenance and Chiller Plant operations, building heating and air-conditioning systems, boiler and steam converters, fire alarm systems. Small project to replace equipment and renovate work areas within the facility.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow.
- Issues written and oral instructions.
- Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates.
- Maintains harmony among workers.
- Prepares composite reports from individual reports of subordinates
- Adjusts errors and complaints.
- Visits job sites to insure all safety precautions are being implemented.
- Inspects work sites during and after completion to determine quality and completeness.
- Reviews all work order, labor time sheets and material requests for accuracy before submitting to work control for action.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, extreme heat, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
- Must be aUS Citizen or Permanent Legal Resident
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience in the facility maintenance trades supporting heavy commercial and industrial complex, trades include air-conditioning, heating, electrical systems, fire alarm systems, boilers and steam converters, carpenter, painting.
- Must have related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discount, interest, commissions proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must retain state vehicle operator permit, and able to be trained to operate vehicles up to one tone general purpose, and 6000-pound forklift.
- Maintenance and repair of military tactical vehicles, as well as, lawn mower (push, riding, zero turn), ATV, side by side, HMMWV, light wheeled trailers, LMTV, FMTV, medium wheeled trailers.
- ASE and/or Diesel Mechanic Certifications.
- Experience in field repairs and recovery.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team orientation.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, teambuilding and oral/written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and computer skills.