Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Purpose and Scope:
Supervises the reconstitution, preservation, and maintenance of all USAFE GPMS vehicle assets. Carries out all duties in accordance with USAFE GPMS mandatory requirements. Ensures compliance with Performance Work Statement (PWS) and Amentum’s Quality Management System (QMS).
- Ensures reconstitution, preservation and inspection goals are attained.
- Prioritizes work according to goals and schedules.
- Initiates and submits an annual budget, monitors, and controls expenditures.
- Ensures Limited Technical Inspections are performed within prescribed guidelines.
- Supervises the inspection and prep of USAFE GPMS vehicle assets for air/land/sea movement.
- Provides over all supervision of shop foremen, assigned auto mechanics, electricians maintenance controllers, and material controllers.
- Ensures safety practices and housekeeping standards are maintained to the highest standard.
- Ensures that all tools and equipment are serviceable, accounted for and secured.
- Stores and disposes of all hazardous materials in accordance with Amentum Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Responsible for the quality of parts research and ensures that only required repair parts are requested to include the local availability of parts and services.
- Oversees Time Compliance Technical Order (TCTO) actions and service bulletins to ensure completion within prescribed guidelines.
- Ensures correct and expeditious completion of work orders.
- Utilizes the management reports from DPAS to effectively manage the USAFE GPMS fleet.
- Ensures that complete inspections are performed on all completed vehicle repairs to ensure a quality product is delivered to the customer.
- Ensures all unused serviceable repair parts are returned to the supply facility and removed XF3 parts are turned back over to supply to clear the DIFM Account.
- Verifies all Vehicle Down for Parts (VDP) decisions and monitors all cannibalization requirements.
- Responsible for the supervision of vehicle maintenance staff
- Ensures the Vehicle Technical Order Library is current and up-to-date.
- Responsible for the recording of any changes in fleet status on the DVR and DPAS.
- Ensures all taskings are accomplished on time or provides updated status on exceptions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Must be proficient in the use of personal computers and Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office to include as a minimum Power Point, Excel and Word programs.
- Must be capable of operating and and repairing light to heavy military and commercial type vehicles.
- Must have working knowledge of diagnostic computer programs such as Cummins INSITE, CAT, OBD scanners.
- Will have good organizational and communication skills, particularly in dealings with subordinates.
- Familiarity with AFI24-302 and TO36-1-191 is preferred.
- Familiarity with DPAS, TRT, LIMS-EV is desired.
- Must possess a valid home country driver’s license and ability to obtain host nation driver’s license.
- May be required to operate material handling equipment.
- Six years military experience as a general purpose or heavy equipment mechanic required.
- Four years’ experience in a supervisory capacity preferred.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Secret Security Clearance.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
- Works in maintenance shop or warehouse environment and may be required to work outdoors for extended periods.
- May be exposed to extreme noise from operating equipment.
- Will be required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) according to prescribed procedures and as required for task being performed.
- Physically capable of performing all required duties; capable of lifting/pushing/pulling minimum of 50 lbs. and performing extensive work handling/lifting equipment.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally.
Required Baseline Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree plus 3 years of recent specialized experience, OR; An associate's degree plus 7 years of recent specialized experience, OR; A major certification plus 7 years of recent specialized experience, OR; 11 years of recent specialized experience
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.