Essential Job Duties:
- Lead by example in modeling the safety behaviors and attitude expected by Amentum.
- Ensure employees comply with EHS policies and requirements by frequently visually verifying compliance. Immediately engage employee not in compliance.
- Participate in injury management, incident investigation, cause analysis, and corrective action implementation.
- Recognize employees for their work contributions regularly through informal and formal recognition.
- Responsible for the general management of all aspects of the site operation.
- Hands-on management of plant operations through direct, on-the-floor engagement and supervision of staff.
- Perform daily GEMBA walks with all leadership.
- Ensure plant and company objectives for customer satisfaction, productivity, ISO, Quality Management System, and financial budgets are achieved.
- Significant input for functional areas of, but not limited to, ODC budgeting, staff budgeting, accounting, program cost schedule and financial analysis.
- Significant input for analyzing operating expenses including but not limited to facility/equipment repairs, overtime and purchasing.
- Prepare and analyze facility performance data on a daily basis to ensure plant financial and operational objectives are achieved.
- Handle operational issues as well as create and analyze facility reports for the use of management.
- Establish and maintain maintenance/vendor/facility contracts to ensure a mutually beneficial relationship. Perform yearly vendor audits.
- Ensure compliance with government requirements such as FAR/CFR/ASPM regulations in reference specifically to statement of work and all contractual requirements.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA regulations and manage safety program.
- Ensure employees comply with company policies and procedures, ethics policy and EEO/AA.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Computer proficiency required.
- Previous management experience and thorough understanding of plant operations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Good organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Prior experience working in a continuous improvement environment (Lean, 6S) preferred.
This position regularly works in a facility that is not climate controlled and subject to extreme heat and cold, with industrial machinery that is frequently loud. Must be able to assess and manage within congested areas with powered industrial trucks operating within the vicinity. This role may move equipment weighing up to 20 pounds occasionally. Workplace conditions necessitate following strict safety guidelines and the use of Personal Protective Equipment.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.