Fire Alarm Systems Mechanic
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Fire Alarm Systems Mechanic
Summary/General Description of Responsibilities:
• Incumbent performs the fire alarms duties necessary to maintain all buildings and structures in good repair.
• Keeps supervisor apprised of unique situations and problems encountered and identify and reports safety, environmental and other work requirements for resolution.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
• Installs, inspects tests, maintains, and repairs installed fire alarm detection and suppression systems in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications and National Fire Protection Association standards.
• Inspects fire alarm equipment visually and replaces defective components.
• Tests initiating and signal circuits, detectors, and system transmitter and makes needed repairs.
• Checks pressure gauges on suppression system storage containers and recharges or replaces containers.
• Locates and diagnoses trouble in electrical systems or equipment.
• Work involves planning and layout of work from blueprints, drawings, models, or verbal instructions.
• Works standard computations relating to load requirements of wiring or electrical equipment.
• Utilizes and interprets technical manuals, shop directives, blueprints, sketches, diagrams, and specifications, verbal and written instructions.
• Responsible for completing daily work order log documenting inspections, maintenance and repair information, to include work performed, materials used and hours worked on each assigned work order.
• Interfaces with customers and responsible for customer feedback, as applicable.
• Operates motor vehicles in accordance with company vehicle policies.
• Complies with applicable federal, state, United States Air Force (USAF) and Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) environmental laws and regulations.
• Complies with health and safety rules and procedures; performs work in a manner that enhances the safety of the work environment.
• Incumbent will at all times wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as determined by position and duties.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Accurate, timely, and cost effective performance of duties.
• Working harmoniously with customers and fellow co-workers.
• Maintaining strict confidentiality of all Alutiiq LLC related matters.
• Accountable for assigned tools, materials and equipment.
• Cleanliness and safety of shop and work areas.
• Utilizes experience to identify needed materials and required man hours to accomplish work. Material will need to be identified accurately enough so that either the Supervisor or clerk can order it. Additionally, required to check both Store Stock and Residue for material that can be utilized.
• Man hour estimates need to be close enough so supervision can determine needed crew size and method of accomplishment and proper scheduling. This includes the need to schedule utility outages.
• High School diploma or equivalency.
• Current state driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and proof of valid insurance.
• Minimum Five (5) years of testing and repairing fire alarm systems.
• Oklahoma State Alarm Technician License.
• Must be knowledgeable in addressable fire alarm systems.
• Must be knowledgeable in Halon suppression systems.
• Must be knowledgeable in Ansul suppression systems.
• Must be knowledgeable in Monaco radio transmission.
• Must be knowledgeable in Vindicator Security systems.
• Must be able to work on high ladders and other high places.
• Working knowledge of solid-state and conventional control circuitry.
• Ability to solve problems and work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to adapt to changes in technology and applicable facility/infrastructure codes and standards.
• Basic computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office applications.
• Familiarity with facility/infrastructure codes and standards, as applicable.
• Ability to deal with a variety of people in a professional & courteous manner in diverse situations.
• Proficiency and knowledge of a variety of hand and power tools.
• Demonstrated working ability read, write, speak and understand English.
• Maintain a safe and healthy work environment within the shops and company vehicles.
• Seven (7+) years’ experience of testing and repairing fire alarm systems.
• Military experience.
• Previous experience working on a military installation.
• Experience working on Tinker facilities.
• Familiarity with military-specific facility/infrastructure codes and standards, as applicable.
This position may currently and/or in the future be required to obtain and retain a favorable National Agency Check (NAC) and/or Personal Clearance (PCL) as required by law or contract. Position requires pre-employment drug screening.
Amentum will never charge a recruiting fee.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.