Production Manager (Book/Card Personalization Manager)
**This position is contingent upon contract award**
Amentum is seeking a Production Manager (Book/Card Personalization Manager) for an upcoming contract in Hot Springs, AR. The Production Manager will support a Department of State passport book and card printing program at the Arkansas Passport Center.
Essential Job Duties:
- Work 1st or 2nd shift. Under the direct supervision of the Operations Manager or Operations Assistant Manager, plans, directs, and coordinates the daily activities of travel document personalization operations for all travel documents to include printing, quality control, mail out, customer service
- Plans and establishes procedures and methods to meet changing processing requirements.
- Assists in the preparation of plans to ensure that the Book Personalization Facilities (BPF) recruits a sufficient number of additional temporary and seasonal employees to meet fluctuating workload requirements, particularly during the peak season.
- Assures that a sufficient inventory of blank travel documents and other supplies are on hand to meet current and anticipated demand.
- Reviews production reports.
- Resolve all administrative, personnel, and operating problems associated with management of these processing functions in order to assure timely issuance of passports.
- Manages smooth transition of work between the various processing sections. Keeps Operations Manager informed of processing issues and operations concerns.
- Develops work assignments and ensuring that all subordinate Supervisors are informed of changes in law, regulations, policy, and procedures affecting their work and such changes are understood and implemented.
- Trains supervisors in work procedures, regulations, and other travel documents.
- Assigns and reviews work of team members. Interprets policies, procedures, and goals of the organization for assigned staff.
- Responsive to employee issues, building team morale and cohesiveness.
- Communicates with all section managers and taking initiative in addressing procedure revisions, personnel issues, and workflow problems
- Evaluate and audits employees’ production for quality and quantity
- Facilitates quality improvement programs and ensuring customer service levels are met or exceeded
- Compile and develops management reports on performance and trends in production utilizing PC skills.
- Verifies adherence to all DOS and BPF security and safety regulations.
- Must possess a current U.S Government Secret security clearance.
- Bachelors degree.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressive management experience in a tangible goods production environment
- Minimum of four (4) years of office automation experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in staffing a seasonal/temporary workforce
- Minimum of five (5) years supervisory experience of four (4) or more people
- Ability to prepare management, business, technical, and personnel reports, reviews, and documents for internal and external use.
- Experience working in a Government environment.
- Quality Assurance experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to lift and carry 35 pounds. Ability to walk and stand for long periods during workday
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.