LOGISTICS MANAGER / J85 PRODUCTION CONTROL
- Responsible to the Site Manager for the overall maintenance, production, and administrative requirements within the Intermediate Level Jet Engine maintenance shops. Has extensive working knowledge gained through management experience of the Navy’s intermediate Jet Engine maintenance procedures and publications.
- Serves as the Point of Contact on all material related issues. Requires in-depth knowledge of the F-5 Adversary contract, Company organization and Company policies and procedures. Extensive working knowledge gained through management experience, of FAR procedures and COMNAVAIRFORINST 4790.2 series requirements.
- Must be customer oriented.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provides the leadership and direct management of the people, processes, and procedures to ensure safe, expeditious maintenance of assigned aircraft engines and components to support the F-5 Adversary Program.
- Perform management analysis and workload planning to ensure that Aircraft Engine components are returned to a serviceable condition in the most expeditious manner.
- Evaluates existing methods and/or systems and potential improvements for compliance with maintenance requirements and cost effectiveness.
- Maintains high quality standards in all maintenance functions.
- Prepares and submits to the Site Manager recommendations for manpower, materials, facilities, and capital equipment.
- Keep the Site and Program Managers informed of deficiencies discovered that impact quality and/or safety or may impact engine production.
- Provide a systematic and efficient method of gathering, analyzing, and maintaining information on maintenance and material defects that impact the Aircraft Maintenance Program.
- Maintain liaison and satisfactory working relationship with Government personnel.
- Perform other reasonably related incidental duties when directed within the job classification.
- Perform other tasks as directed by management.
- Provides technical assistance, guidance and instruction as required.
- Maintains and/or completes required records and applicable maintenance forms.
- Practice good housekeeping, tool control, FOD awareness/prevention and safety at all times.
- Performs foreign object prevention walks as required.
- Will have knowledge of and understand basic supply procedures. Assist with ordering parts, tools, materials, and equipment as required.
- Plan, coordinate and direct the activities of the Logistics Team
- Ensure MRO is up and running properly.
- Manage Direct Parts requirements as required.
- Establish and maintain written procedures for the proper control of Government Furnished Property.
- Submit changes to establish procedures ensuring all functions are consistent with written procedures.
- Establish and maintain stocking levels of Government Property to ensure materials are available to meet maintenance requirements.
- Interface with Government counterparts on issues involving procedural deficiencies.
- Evaluate existing methods, systems, and potential improvements for compliance to maintenance and flight schedule requirements and ensure cost effectiveness, productivity, and personnel safety.
- Responsible for the Tool Control Management and procedures of the Tool Room functions.
- Maintain accurate records of Government Property throughout the acquisition and disposition process.
- Ensure that all engine and logistics related CDRL’s are submitted accurately and timely.
- In-depth knowledge of the F-5 Adversary contract, Company organization and Company policies and procedures.
- Review all incoming technical publication and directives for program applicability and ensure distribution to using work centers.
- Monitor the Hazardous Material/ Hazardous Waste Procedures within the logistics and Material Division.
- Enforce all Company and Government regulations to ensure safety, security and preservation of Government and Company-owned equipment.
- Background in the field of aircraft Jet Engine maintenance and logistics management with a minimum of five years (5) experience of the last 10 years in direct Jet Engine maintenance repair, inspection, and modification, preferred. Of the five years (5) experience in Jet Engine maintenance, three years (3) shall be in a supervisory position that included responsibility for assigning program workloads as well as duties for entire shifts.
- The Logistics Manager / J85Production Control shall be familiar with the peculiarities of Naval/USAF logistics support procedures used to support material requirements.
- The Logistics Manager / J85 Production Control shall have experience with the NALCOMIS OOMA.
- Must be knowledgeable of technical directives, and CNAFINST 4790.2 Series; be knowledgeable of and understand basic supply procedures; possess a working knowledge of applicable aircraft and shall have worked a minimum of one year in a maintenance/production control position.
- Must have successfully completed approved course or training as required by Company, State/Local Govt, DOD, regulation/Instruction.
- Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain a US Government Secret clearance. NOTE: US Citizenship is required to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Must have completed high school or equivalent.
- Must read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Must have a basic knowledge of computers—able to input and extract data.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
This classification’s activities range from, an office-like environment with extensive sitting demands to a flight line-like environment with extensive climbing, standing, stooping, bending, pushing, kneeling, stretching, and walking demands. May occasionally be required to lift objects whose weight exceeds 30 pounds. Special vision abilities to perform this job are close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
The diversity of work conditions may range from an office environment where there is little or no physical discomfort to a flight line environment where inclement weather may subject the individual to severe changes in temperature, wind, rain, etc. May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail. May be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, and electrical shock hazards.
LICENSING, CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS As May be Required for Job Specialty or as Directed by Management
- Driver’s License
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.