Deputy Program Manager - Quality Manager
Amentum is seeking a full-time Deputy Program Manager-Quality Manager for an upcoming multi-$billion contract to provide U.S. Foregin Military Sales (FMS) customers with parts, part repairs and task orders to support their air, ground and surface fleets.
The Deputy Program Manager-Quality Manager will assist the Program Manager in leading a multi-billion dollar procurement-focused program. Primary focus will be on managing, assessing and reporting on contract compliance, performance and financials, and customer satisfaction.
- Daily responsibilities include leadership, oversight, and management of an AS9100 Quality Management System and customer service function.
- Establishes and communicates program metrics.
- Coordinates and performs audits on Quality/Safety/Environmental programs and develops trend analysis reports.
- Conducts quality and safety inspections/audits of contract performance as well as vendor/supplier performance.
- Leads continuous process improvement.
- Leads assessment, tracking and processing of warranty and other product and service defect claims to successful resolution.
- Closely monitors, assesses and advises on contract performance metrics and ensures quality and timeliness of deliverables.
- Provides response to customer concerns and findings.
- Tracks corrective actions taken in response to internal and customer audit findings.
- Monitors quality deficiencies and coordinates corrective actions.
- Reports directly to the Program Manager and manages a team of quality and customer service professionals.
- Acts as Program Manager when/as required.
- Performs all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Must be a US citizen, able to obtain and maintain a Tier 1 Background Investigation.
This position is located in the Dayton, OH area. Amentum may consider filling this position virtually.
- Bachelor's Degree in Management, Business, Logistics, or related field
- 8 or more years of relevant experience, including 4 years or more in leadership/management role(s), providing life cycle logistics support for military platforms
- Results-oriented manager that has led quality programs and delivered successful technical, programmatic and financial performance
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience effectively managing quality and performance
- Ability and experience writing with clarity and technical accuracy
- Excellent communication, effective leadership and interpersonal skills
- Experience with US Government contracting
- US citizen with ability to obtain and maintain a Tier 1 Background Investigation
- Additonal education or training in quality management
- Program or contract leadership experience
- Experience with US Air Force platform life cycle logistics
- Experience with DoD procurement laws, rules and regulations
- Experience managing and supporting Foreign Military Sales (FMS) programs
- Familiarity with logistics management software system(s)
- Defense Acquisition University (DAU) graduate with emphasis in life cycle logistics
- Experience with AS9100 quality management system requirements
- Existing Tier I Background Investigation or higher US DoD security clearance