Capture Manager / Logistics and Supply Chain
Amentum is seeking a full-time Capture Manager to lead and support growth in its Critical Missions/Logistics & Supply Chain business line. The Capture Manager will develop and implement marketing and business strategies in the pusuit of growth in the logistics and supply chain services market. Accountable for growth and responsible for leading/winning services and solutions based critical new business competitive captures of moderate to large size, complexity of scope, and/or requiring a unique/complex business model in support of achieving growth objectives. Reports to the Vice President of Business Development.
1) Plan, direct, and control all activities related to assigned capture efforts, including accountability of all phases of capture management until contract award.
2) Develop capture plans which includes a description and analysis of the opportunity, customer, competition, team, pursuit/win strategy, pricing strategy, and capture resource needs, with an integrated action/contact plan and budget.
3) Focus on customer-oriented solutions, forming a competitive team and coordinating the integration of subject matter experts and functions required to position the team and maximize probability of win.
4) Prepare capture team staffing plan and overall resource basis of estimate.
5) Develop and implement customer contact plan across all levels of customers.
6) Identify customer's key issues, concerns through direct customer contact leveraging Business Development and Business Area resources.
7) Lead Capture and Proposal Business Decision Gate reviews for all pursuits assigned.
8) Ensure effective and efficient implementation of proven best practices for activities such as strategy workshops/reviews, proposal planning, proposal development/reviews, and proposal production.
9) Lead win strategy, competitive assessment, and pricing strategy workshops and prepares/completes strategic action plans, Return on Investments, risk assessments.
10) Ensure winning technical, management, price, and past performance approaches are developed by the capture team.
11) Conducts thorough draft/final Request for Proposal analyses and develops questions for customer.
12) Provides guidance to Proposal Manager in development and execution of a Proposal Management Plan, including technical, management, pricing, and past performance/corporate experience.
13) Interacts with and provides guidance to Proposal Manager on the entire proposal/orals process to ensure well-written, compliant, and competitive volumes/slides incorporating win themes, discriminators and program insights.
14) Ensure timely selection and participation in pursuit process of key personnel for program implementation and management.
15) Establish the company as preferred contractor prior to release of Request for Proposal through advertising and other communication means.
16) Develop and manage the Capture Budget, including the sales and marketing and the bid and proposal budgets, updating as required.
17) Develop appropriate teaming strategies, including negotiation of teaming agreements.
18) Ensure data is updated in relevant business development information system(s).
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested. Works in a normal office environment with controlled temperature and lighting conditions. Must be able to work extended hours, often with short notice, to meet deadlines. Extended hours may include late nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays.
This position may be filled virtually or in the Falls Church/Chantilly Virginia or Ft. Worth/Alliance area.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Economics or International Affairs; two (2) years' experience in business development or related discipline can be substituted for each year of the four (4) years of college
- Ten (10) years of successful business development or capture experience in the Government services market with two (2) of those years focusing on moderate to large bids
- Proven track record developing market strategies, identifying and pursuing relevant opportunities, and supporting and developing winning bids
- Demonstrated expertise and success in leading captures and proposals in the services sector with established relationships with users, key decision makers, and acquisition officials/leads within government agencies
- Experience with differing acquisition approaches with a proven record of pursuing and capturing services and solutions based new business opportunities of $10 million to $250 million, complex scope, and/or a unique/complex business model
- Knowledge of capture management process that entails the development of management and technical approaches, cost volume management, teaming, pricing strategies and competitive assessments
- Proven ability to conduct gap analysis, competitive assessments and to understand price to win analysis
- Strong interpersonal skills including tact, diplomacy, and flexibility to work effectively with government officials, senior managers, employees, partner leaders, consultants, and the public
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to coach, lead, motivate and influence others to support corporate goals and objectives to produce winning proposals within budget and schedule constraints
- Ability to understand profit and loss calculations and basic business finance
- Ability to help formulate winning technical, management, past performance, cost oral presentation strategies
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently under conditions of multiple deadlines and changing priorities to produce a large volume of high-quality material with attention to detail
- U.S. citizenship with ability to acquire and maintain a security clearance
- Master's degree in a relevant discipline
- Additional education or training in business development, marketing or proposal development
- Prior US Military service or work in other federal agencies
- Experience in International Business Development and Capture; experience with DoD and foreign country procurement/labor laws, rules and regulations
- Expertise in US Government and/or military logistics and supply chain programs, to include CONUS/OCONUS purchasing; warehousing; distribution; base/facilities operations, maintenance and support; and related requirements
- Relevant contract operations experience
- Familiarity with logistics management software system(s)
- Active Secret or higher US DoD security clearance