Packing Manager (PPP&M)
Purpose and Scope:
Manages and coordinates activities within area of responsibility. Is responsible for overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of assigned unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; improving morale by addressing complaints and resolving problems.
1) Establishes work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow.
2) Reviews reports and schedules to manage priorities, backlog material problems and insures deadlines are met and workload is moved to meet requirements.
3) Assigns duties and examines work for exactness and conformance to policies and procedures.
4) Insures environmental/safety compliance for area of responsibility; insures all personnel meet training requirements.
5) Issues and periodically reviews performance plans with subordinates.
6) Maintains positive customer relations and expedites resolution to internal and external customer issues/complaints.
7) Prepares reports and maintains documentation/logs as required.
8) Evaluates procedures and processes for efficiency and makes recommendations for process improvement to senior management.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Shop environment with hazardous equipment, moving MHE, obstacles and high volume activity. Must be able to lift and carry up to 35 pounds for short distances, stoop, bend, kneel, walk, have full dexterity, and correctable vision. Outside work in hot and cold or wet weather is often required. Work environment often has fumes or airborne particles. Noise level is loud. Protective devices are required to avoid injury.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must have a high school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED).
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
- Minimum one year specific experience in material handling, supply, distribution, inspection, QA, or related areas.
- Must be able to read contractual specifications, drawings, prints, schematics and photographs as/if required in DLA contract. Must have demonstrated ability to obtain certification in HAZMAT/radioactive material handling, license to use MHE.
- Must be proficient in the use of DSS and other automated distribution systems used at site.
- Two plus years of college or technical school highly desirable.
- Prior supervisory experiences preferred.