Amentum is seeking an EH&S Manager to join our Operations & Maintenance Team.
Responsible for the management and administration of safety field operations and programs to ensure a safe and compliant work environment to include modification of safety-related activities and plans to specific contracts in compliance with federal, state and local regulatory requirements. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Develop and maintain applicable safety and health procedures and practices in compliance with corporate, state, federal and local regulations and contract requirements.
- Promote the implementation of occupational safety programs, procedures and activities.
- Promote the current OSHA compliant culture throughout the organization.
- Facilitate safety process development, implementation, and compliance of all subcontracts.
- Manage safety audit program for field and construction locations to ensure compliance with various contractual, regulatory and company requirements.
- Participate and support integration at the site level to address site-related safety, quality, health and welfare to include environmental concerns.
- Provide guidance to managers and supervisors to assist in the interpretation and compliance of safety and health-related contract requirements.
- Coordinate field investigations for injury, property damage and vehicle incidents to ensure thorough investigations and appropriate root cause identification.
- Conduct special evaluations and internal safety and health field surveys/audits. Compile reports and findings of surveys and audits for review and makes corrective action recommendations and tracks to closure as required.
- Manage field and construction safety operations.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- This position may require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Health or Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Engineering or a related role, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience in a safety professional role.
- In addition to education requirements, 10 years of experience in an occupational safety role.
- Working knowledge of safety in a facilities or production maintenance environment.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Requires ability to read and understand information contained in a variety of documents or displayed on a computer screen.
- Requires ability to use a variety of office equipment and to operate a computer keyboard to access data bases, to send/receive messages and to prepare documents.
- Requires ability to attend meetings throughout the site and potentially travel to other Amentum, customer and/or vendor locations in the area, as well as some air travel to more distant locations.
- Requires the ability to communicate with others on the telephone and in one-on-one or group discussions, meetings, and presentations.
- Demonstrated fluency in computer use including the full Microsoft product line.
- Requires some moving of light to medium weight materials into desks, filing cabinets and other storage locations.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Familiarity with facilities equipment descriptors such as HVAC, plumbing, and electrical.
- Experience working in purchasing or subcontracting in a manufacturing, maintenance, or a related service field.
- Experience with CMMS.
- Experience overseeing storeroom operations.
- Experience streamlining and improving inventory practices.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required.
- May be required to work holidays and weekends.
- Current Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification.
- Prior experience supporting the Intel customer.
- Experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment.
- Experience supporting multiple sites simultaneously.
- Experience effectively delivering training to multiple levels of personnel.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, including Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Experience using software to enter and interpret safety-related data.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- California Envionmental Expeirence.