Amentum is seeking a Fleet Manager located in Springfield, VA. The Fleet Manager is responsible for the daily operation and maintenance of commercially and GSA leased vehicles in support of the contract. The manager coordinates the availability of vehicles and drivers. Inspires leads and motivates multiple fleet teams to provide a high quality of service. A proactive leadership style is required to ensure a safe, reliable atmosphere for employees and client personnel. Directly oversees the duties of the Motor Vehicle Mechanics Helpers, Taxi Service (Executive level) drivers and Shuttle Bus Drivers. Will be responsible for tracking all vehicle accidents, repairs, inspections, security, maintenance and replacements; maintain and update SOPs as required utilizing current PWS and submit monthly deliverables by prescribed timeline to include, but not limited to accident, mileage, maintenance and cleaning reports. Candidate will perform area safety checks, time card approval, audit GSA billing statements and EZ Pass account; be involved in hiring and termination procedures, interviewing and employee dispute resolution / disciplinary actions while working with HR department. Other duties necessary as requirements dictate.
This is a Customer service position. The prospective candidate must possess the ability and disposition to interact positively with customers on many levels. Obey and enforce all facility safety regulations. Ability to make presentations regarding functional area; work with client and/or quality control to complete an audit, to include the ability to answer all questions and verify operating procedures.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Ability to work in a high tempo fast paced environment.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills including professional etiquette.
- Possess computer and keyboard skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with GSA motor pool operations.
- 10 years related experience.
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelors Degree and 2 years experienced required.
- In lieu of degree, 10 years of experience required.
- TS/SCI clearance required
- Willing to submit to CI Poly at the request of the customer
- Safety inspections and reporting of functional areas (Walk About)
- Experience with GSA motor pool operations
- Knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- Knowledge of Commercial Motor Vehicle Regulations compliance regarding vehicles, employees and reporting requirements
- Ability to write clear, concise reports
- Respond quickly to task requests
- Virginia Commercial Motor Vehicle medical card (CDL not required)
- Proactive approach to anticipate management and client needs
- Defense Property Accountability System (DPAS)
- CostPoint Database
- WASP Logistics Operations
- Archibus Database System
- Total Assets Management System
- People Soft Asset Management.