Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.
We are now recruiting for a Commercial Manager to join us permanently on one of a projects sites located near Newbury and HQ in Warrington.
As Project Commercial Manager you will be responsible for leading and delivering all aspects of contract administration and procurement for a major design and construction project. As Project CM you will develop and implement an effective contract and procurement management program which ensures compliance with requirements and manages procurement activities resources.
You’ll also be responsible for the administration of prime contracts, subcontracts and procurement. Be responsible for reporting cost and commercial performance of the project and supporting the Project Manager in meeting the project goals/objectives.
A key contact for liaising between internal and external customers/stakeholders to ensure appropriate dissemination of commercial information, guidance and reporting.
• Delivery of the projects commercial function in a security sensitive public sector environment
• Management of functional reports in projects through a matrix structure
• Implement commercial systems and procedures on projects and ensure compliance with the programme level commercial requirements
• Lead contract development and management – including management of change – for projects
• Manage commercial governance process and procedures to meet project assurance requirements
• Close liaison with other Project Commercial teams and the Programme Commercial Director
• Develop and manage project supply chain plans to ensure competition and delivery excellence
• Manage sub-contract and procurement strategies (on a package by package basis, as required)
• Assessing, managing and reporting project commercial risks
• Collating and analysing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in line with project commercial objectives
• Support the programme Commercial function in the development and execution of project call-off contracts
• Ideally degree qualified in Quantity Surveying, Construction Management, Engineering or other relevant discipline
• Chartered (Preferably RICS) or equivalent
• Proven experience in a senior commercial delivery role
• Major project delivery - primary working experience as a prime contractor rather than a client side consultant
• Experience of working collaboratively project/programme/client environment
- Ideally Degree Qualified in Quantity Surverying or similar.
• Client facing/ Client management experience.
• Managerial abilities and good communication skills, both oral and written
• Demonstrated ability to establish, implement and monitor high standards of excellence in areas of quality, safety and operational performance.
• Understanding the levels of scrutiny involved in spending public money
• Working knowledge of NEC3 suite of contracts and awareness of new NEC4 suite of contracts.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint).
Currently hold SC or prepared to go through the SC process.
Amentum is an equals opportunties employer.
Ideally Degree Qualified in Quantity Surverying or similar.